Running Engines, Of Sorts

Victoryv

5 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

Smart motorways (which I work on) was and is an attempt to save vast amount of money. . . . . . . . . 

And they’ve now been proven to be dangerous.  I know why they have been built, but another short sighted, knee jerk reaction to a problem that should really have been thought out more before acting.

If people are to be encouraged to use public transport, it needs to be affordable and convenient.  Neither our trains nor our busses are.  Bus routes in ‘non-profitable’ areas have been cut and trains are too expensive.  Jeez, if you get a leaf on the line, it causes delays!

The use of our cars will only be reduced when we don’t need to use them.

Dont forget, as Grendel pointed out, our infrastructure for the generation and distribution of electricity will not support the general use of electric vehicles as things stand.  That idea is dead in the water.

• Like 4

Well we seem to have dropped lucky again, lovely quite mooring, apart from the boat that’s had his engine running for the last three hours, a private boat, I suppose I should feel sorry for the occupants, being obviously deaf.

this last week we have found hirers to be more considerate than those that should know better, there are times when electric is very appealing but I’m fairly sure tasers are illegal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Victoryv said:

Well we seem to have dropped lucky again, lovely quite mooring, apart from the boat that’s had his engine running for the last three hours, a private boat, I suppose I should feel sorry for the occupants, being obviously deaf.

this last week we have found hirers to be more considerate than those that should know better, there are times when electric is very appealing but I’m fairly sure tasers are illegal.

Maybe a quite polite word is all that may be required, while we all know there are those who don't give a when it comes to others I am sure many just dont realise how much of a nuisance they are creating.

Fred

The irritation arising from inconsiderately running engines at moorings is similar to that generated by the nearby plonker who decides to mow his lawn, cut his hedge, strim the weeds, etc with noisy machinery just when you've settled down for Sunday lunch or a nice relaxing sundowner.  As with much in life, it's all about the timing ....