Reversing Doors

My AF Opal has twin doors to the bow and a single to the stern. They all open outwards and I would prefer them to open inwards. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it a DIY job, or professional only? Any tips gratefully received…😎

we have an AF opal,  our double bow doors open out but the single stern door opens in to the side of the bed,

i dont know if this is reversable as the rear door is part of a combination frame with the window,

you are welcome to look if it helps

many moons ago I worked as a double glazing designer, and while some aluminium sections were designed to be reversible (ie the rebate the door sits in was a separate entity to the frame, this really only applies to high end industrial double glazing, so it may be possible, but is unlikely without rebuilding completely the frames, alternatively if the frame is just the door, you may be able to take the complete frame out and reverse it, but that may well reverse the handing of the door at the same time.

1 hour ago, grendel said:

I believe all fire exits are required to open outwards, I know they are for buildings and would suspect the same is true for boats

There is no such requirement for retro-fitting such a thing to boats. It might be part of an RCD directive for new designs. but certainly nothing for existing boats that I know of. 

If your doors have an aluminium frame, the frame will need to be removed and reversed which I suspect will not be at all easy using the same frame. A new frame and door made to fit would not be cheap. Speak to Andy at Broadland Marine Windows for advice. 01603 781740

• Thanks 1