Days Afloat ?

BroadAmbition

I've just been tidying up 'B.A's calendar bookings and looking back at days that 'B.A' has been crewed up over the past few years.  The Covid thing certainly had an impact

2017 - One hundred and eleven days crewed up

2018 - Ninety one days crewed up

2019 - Only sixty four days crewed up, mainly due to me being home alone for eight months whilst MrsG up in Jockland nursing her late Mum and of course we lost Macie dog the same year too

2020 - Fifty four days crewed up - Covid related lockdowns

2021 - currently ninety four but JT and family due onboard later this month which will take it to ninety eight

2022 - there are currently sixty four days booked in advance on the calendar with more to come

Griff

• Like 1

Some pretty impressive numbers there prior to Covid.

Just totted our total number of nights on the motorhome for this year and by the time we have (hopefully) had our four night break over New Years in North Norfolk it will take the tally to 50 nights.

We didn't pick it up until May so I'm happy with that figure and happy that we are getting enough use from it.

Hopefully the tally for 2022 will be much higher. We have some great trips in the planning with trips to York, Burnham Deepdale, Southwold, Isle of Wight and Devon and Cornwall as well as plenty of weekend trips more locally. 

Here's hoping 2022 is a good year for us all :default_beerchug:

• Like 3

That's a bit better, Robin sneaked a couple of days afloat onboard 'B.A' this week taking the tally to ninety six, I'm hoping for a sneaky couple of days next week but that's in the lap of the Gods, then there is JT which takes us over the hundred mark for this year, I like to see 'B.A's days crewed up over the one hundred day mark for any given year

We now have eighty one days booked in for next year with hopefully more to come

Griff

• Like 2

Despite everything, I’ve managed just over 100 days (mostly on my own) aboard Chiltern Lady this calendar year. Now our building work at home is paused for Christmas, there may be a few more days possible before the year end. Here’s hoping…😎. In the meantime wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy (and Healthy) New Year…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having only bought our latest boat in September we haven't managed to rack  up any days afloat yet, as she is on hard standing awaiting the completion of various works. Although we did manage a day aboad to day when we gave her a good old  clean inside, polishing the woodwork to within an inch of it's life then we hung her newly made curtains she now  looks like "our" boat. Can't wait to rack up  lots of afloat hours next year providing I'm  not hampered by possible onerous medical treatment. Fingers crossed for me please.

Carole

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Slow start to the year for nights in Milo the van.

Only 33 nights booked in for the year so far. But we still have a couple of bank holidays to sort out and there will be plenty of weekends away.

Just need to get rid of Covid and then we can start to use it again. Should have been out last weekend but had to isolate and should have been out this coming weekend but that seems unlikely now as we both keep testing positive :default_sad:

Fingers crossed we are both fighting fit and healthy again in time for our mini break to York next weekend :default_blink:

• Like 1