Diesel Over The Christmas Break On The Southern Boards?

Karizma

I would have thought Brooms and Goodchilds would have been the most likely candidates. 

However, we were out in December for 10 days on a hire boat, went all over the Broads, North and South, cruising every day with the heating on too and used 120 litres. 

Unless you have a very small tank and you can start with it reasonably full, will you use that much anyway? The yard told me that the tank held 180 litres so it was still one third full when we got back.

Just a thought :default_biggrin: 

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Unless you have a very small tank and you can start with it reasonably full, will you use that much anyway? The yard told me that the tank held 180 litres so it was still one third full when we got back.

Hi NorfolkNog, thanks for the reply, my tank is big enough, but we've already had 3 weekends out on her since the last fill up & I really didn't want to run it too low over the winter (condensation, diesel bug and all that stuff), so was hoping to find somewhere to keep her 'topped up'. I will just need to plan it better next winter :default_dunce:

Another thing to think about, from the 1st of April we all will only be able to buy and use white diesel.

I'm not sure that is correct.  I have copied and pasted below just one of the exceptions where red diesel is allowed.  Seeing as the Broads are not in Northern Ireland, I'm reading it in that we carry on as per normal

as fuel for all marine craft refuelling and operating in the UK (including fishing and water freight industries), except for propelling private pleasure craft in Northern Ireland

Griff