Are You On The Broads 28th 29th May 2022?

TheQ

4 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Somewhere in the very centre of that picture is someone out for a relaxing cruise.

I think you have made your point, by now!  From your point of view, of course.

Most of the holidaymakers I have ever met would regard something like that as the high point of their adventure holiday (which is what it is) and dine out on the story for years afterwards.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

I think you have made your point, by now!  From your point of view, of course.

Most of the holidaymakers I have ever met would regard something like that as the high point of their adventure holiday (which is what it is) and dine out on the story for years afterwards.

Not just my point of view I think. How about an eye witness account :default_rofl::default_beerchug:

Quote "All of a sudden everyone started arriving and we began to realise that our mooring, although quite normal, was restricting the width of the river when boats were tacking. By then the raters suddenly arrived and we were stuck there!

As soon as we could see a gap in the traffic we cast off and scuttled back under the bridge again!"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Meantime said:

As soon as we could see a gap in the traffic we cast off and scuttled back under the bridge again!"

Yes, out of a wish to clear the course.  A hire boat could just as easily have stayed there, on the public mooring. The mooring itself could have been reserved for the day, I grant you that!

My concern was not for my own boat but to give the competitors more room to tack.  Live and let live, as they say.

• Like 3

5 days to go till the start at 10:00 at Horning on Saturday..

Well just after my last message the forecast changed to a northerly with a hint of west in it..  and so it remains, this is perfect for the start as most of the boats will keep to the right hand bank though the village with the wind behind them.

Temperature hasn't improved 13C forecast.