Water Rail Out And About.

woke up early as usual, had a lazy start, pretty much emptied the fridge with my breakfast cheese and onion turnovers, just a small amount of milk remaining that will do for a coffee at home as the fridge there is bare too.

at about 9am, I fired up the engine and set off for beccles slowly at about 4 1/2 mph, I have noticed at this rpm i use even less fuel, so the trip back from horning church via great yarmouth, then up to rockland, then back and round to oulton broad, followed by the trip up to beccles used about 2 1/2 gallons (i had topped up the tank at horning church moorings from the 20 litre jerry can and that had filled it to the full mark.) i arrived at beccles at the same time as a rain shower, so waited a bit packing before going to get the car, load up, and by 12 o clock I was just setting out, a lovely 3 hour run home despite the warnings that the A12 was closed at junction 25 (southbound), (if you stick to the outside lane and contraflow that goes to the other carriageway, you sail right past the closed section, so technically there is 1 lane open, the signs are very confusing over this point though.

now I have unloaded the car I need to pop down the shops to get something for tea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

well it appears that the scallywags who murdered my hedge and left me to clear up have struck again, during my absence they have removed the pile of scrap that used to be a seagull engine- it was immersed completely in water several years ago, while running so my estimation is that by now will have corroded into an immova=ble lump, not even worth its weight in scrap, anyway they have kindly removed it now. and its now their problem.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 20/06/2024 at 10:36, grendel said:

Moored up in Rockland short dyke, the dredging runs from the end of the moorings, all the way to the entrance.

It's narrow but passable, I have cleared a paçth fom the footpath, next job varnish 

when I say the dredging, I now believe that the works on short dyke were the emptying of the barges and using the spoil for landfill at the back of the footpath.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hylander said:

Just what you need at Ludham Bridge in the busy season a load of workboats taking up the moorings.

Apparently they are fixing a leak, which is why have have a closure notice on the path between Ludham Bridge and How Hill. 

• Like 1