Water Rail Out And About.

Woke up at 1 am and spent 1/2 hour finding the drips, it was tipping down outside.

Drips found it was back to bed until this morning, when I did some further investigation, 2 window hoppers with minor leaks, I small leak near the roof, and a big leak in one corner. About 8.30, I decided to make a move and headed for potter heigham.arrived following a forumite, who nabbed the big space, but I had spotted a small one at the far end, it was just water rail size, and because of the curve of my bow I wasn't blocking the ladder.

Off to Latham's in a moment, I have a cunning plan.

• Like 1

I’d say it’s about 10 mins (but then I was a bit over optimistic for the time from Salhouse Broad to the Stag). 
Up the path and over the wier by the old mill, turn right on the lane and it’s at the junction with the main road. Flat and accessible all the way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have visited lathams and they hade the components for project  leak mitigation. 2 big plastic bins, plus some bin drainage components thus was constructed  a pair of drip catch pans, if they overfill, they will drain to the bilges.

3 hours ago, grendel said:

Off to Latham's in a moment, I have a cunning plan.

i thought your plan would have involved a tube of silicon, a remedy,  i was not thinking of a catchment device  lol  :default_icon_clap:

• Like 1

Silicone is  not a good idea  on a wooden boat, as its horrible to remove and makes a mess of subsequent  varnish or paint, we know what needs to be replaced,  and have added it to the winter maintenance  schedule

• Like 4

After a peaceful day at Potter Heigham, where I basically just relaxed and watched some YouTube ( I like my new phone as I can watch YouTube or play music) all day long, for 2 days before it needs a charge

I settled down for the night quite  early, and slept through  until 5.45 am, time for a coffee.

Just debating where to go today, plans so far mean I will head down to great Yarmouth for Friday night and have an early  start Saturday  to catch the tide across breydon.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Turnoar said:

I think it’s a charity shop now, last time I passed fairly recently.

17 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Yes, remember it, fish to farm to fork or something similar 

Farm to Fork & Fish.

It was owned by Swannington Farms and operated in Horstead for over ten years until the running costs of the shop increased to a point it was no longer viable.

Closed end 2022, I think, Covid probably did not help them either.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, grendel said:

There used to be a  good butchers opposite. 

Their home reared pork was excellent. Actually smelled of pigs as it cooked, not like the plastic pork of the supermarket.

Meat used to smell in the oven, you could walk in and know it was pork, lamb, beef, chicken or turkey. Not now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grendel said:

Just debating where to go today,

call into upton,  community shop and pleasant surroudings to fill in a couple of hours

I ended up cruising  back up the Ant, ending up on the  Richardson free moorings, I may take a wander later and see if Griff is  about. Kettle is  on. I might have a piece of cherry cake too.

• Like 4

Ludham bridge said about 7'10" on the gauge downstream, however, I got through without dropping the mast and with at least 3" spare, I firmly believe now my mast is at 8' mark.

• Like 2

Wondered why I could hear the bilge pump running, checked the outlet, nothing coming out, checked the switch, not left on manual, checked the pump, not flooded with water, steps out of the way and investigate, aha, the plastic bit you get on a new plug under the switch, not allowing it to turn off. Pump switch cleared, might as well clean the pump while we are here, cleared some hair from the impeller, cleaned some muck off the outside and gave everything a general spruce up, all good.

• Like 4

The noise of my bilge pump always causes me a puzzle if I hear it. I haven’t tuned in to its noise yet and I go on the hunt for what’s causing the whining noise every time. It always catches me out. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kpnut said:

The noise of my bilge pump always causes me a puzzle if I hear it. I haven’t tuned in to its noise yet and I go on the hunt for what’s causing the whining noise every time. It always catches me out. 

If I hear a whining noise on NL, I know exactly what it is!  Good job she doesn’t read the Forum! :default_coat:

• Haha 7