Maycraft

andyg

We have hired Mayfair from them 3 times. Nice boat and excellent service. Call them when we got close by, and they bring the boat up to the staithe. You unload your belongings onto the boat. They have a reserved car parking spot very close by, park your car and they then take you down on the boat to their yard. Check paperwork etc and you are off. Reverse when handing back.

recomend them highly.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

We have hired Mayfair from them 3 times. Nice boat and excellent service. Call them when we got close by, and they bring the boat up to the staithe. You unload your belongings onto the boat. They have a reserved car parking spot very close by, park your car and they then take you down on the boat to their yard. Check paperwork etc and you are off. Reverse when handing back.

recomend them highly.

Thank you, I did assume it worked something like that. 👍 

They bring the boat upto the Staithe Simon you can drive onto it to load up. I've no idea where the allocated parking space is though. She does appear to be good value. I think they have two in the class now, both were moored at the yard a few weeks back when we went past look well maintained tbh. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Is anybody able to clarify how close you can get your car to the boat for unloading

19 minutes ago, andyg said:

They bring the boat upto the Staithe Simon you can drive onto it to load up

I wouldn't take that literally :default_rolleyes:

• Haha 5

We are lucky to have our own money drain.  They are a good boat yard and will make sure you are happy if you respect them.  I am not sure how to word this but with pump outs they do a sterling job ! But  don't take the P/SS with their prices :default_biggrin: . They do take all else you offer and rinse and blue after. 

kindest regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't realise you could drive on to the Staithe itself, I always thought it wasn't allowed. I had visions of trudging luggage a long distance but I was wrong it seems. They're on my list of possibles for next year. I haven't hired a Hampton since 1989 and I do fancy it.

Andy, I think there other Hampton is just a day cruiser but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't realise you could drive on to the Staithe itself, I always thought it wasn't allowed. I had visions of trudging luggage a long distance but I was wrong it seems. They're on my list of possibles for next year. I haven't hired a Hampton since 1989 and I do fancy it.

Andy, I think there other Hampton is just a day cruiser but I could be wrong.

They offer Mon Fri Sat as start days, so I'm assuming it's two boats. But they do look good value.  

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately the interior photos of Mayfair on the Maycraft website are very limited and don't show the cabin, shower room or sofa. If anyone has any photos showing any of these it'd help me make a final decision as to whether to book for next year and I'd be very grateful.