Help

andyg

Unfortunately I've had a rather big bang in my car today and with my wife on call all weekend I won't have use of a car to travel up Friday morning, my courtesy car isn't available till friday lunchtime. My brother and sister don't drive and my other sister drives a mini. So we will be travelling up by train. Daft question I guess but has anyone ever got a cab/cabs from Norwich to Stalham?? Is there cabs at the station willing to go that far out of town. Thanks 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, andyg said:

Unfortunately I've had a rather big bang in my car today and with my wife on call all weekend I won't have use of a car to travel up Friday morning, my courtesy car isn't available till friday lunchtime. My brother and sister don't drive and my other sister drives a mini. So we will be travelling up by train. Daft question I guess but has anyone ever got a cab/cabs from Norwich to Stalham?? Is there cabs at the station willing to go that far out of town. Thanks 

Sorry to hear this Andy - hope you are ok and it is nothing more serious than just dented metal, which can be repaired.

Pm me if you are stuck Andy. I’m around the yard all day on Friday, I could empty the car of superfluous crud and collect you all from Wroxham station. I moor at Stalham so no real bother. 
It’d be a squeeze with 5 of us in the car plus luggage, but do-able. I’ve driven to the alps with 5 plus skis and ski gear and food for a week!

• Like 6

Other alternative to train to wroxham is the bus that goes from outside norwich railway station. Connectbus, line 5b I think. Goes to Stalham via either Wayford bridge or via Horning and ludham depending on which hour you’re on. I could shuttle you from Stalham high street to wherever your destination is, presumably richardsons. 
As I said above I’m more than happy to pick you up from wroxham station.Let me know. 

• Like 1

Thank for the very kind offers I really appreciate them. My son thought it was funny to turn up this morning with a roll of gaffer tape lol. Guess my sarcasm came back to bite me. I spoke to A2B cabs last night so it's not a problem getting to the yard. The accident is completely my fault I miss judged a gap that clearly wasn't there. I'm of the opinion it's a bit of dented metal that will get fixed no one was hurt and my insurance covers all the damage. oh my children won't let me forget this in a hurry I banged on enough about being a professional driver. Again thanks, BTW il try not to bump into anyone whilst afloat this weekend lol...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, andyg said:

Thank for the very kind offers I really appreciate them. My son thought it was funny to turn up this morning with a roll of gaffer tape lol. Guess my sarcasm came back to bite me. I spoke to A2B cabs last night so it's not a problem getting to the yard. The accident is completely my fault I miss judged a gap that clearly wasn't there. I'm of the opinion it's a bit of dented metal that will get fixed no one was hurt and my insurance covers all the damage. oh my children won't let me forget this in a hurry I banged on enough about being a professional driver. Again thanks, BTW il try not to bump into anyone whilst afloat this weekend lol...

Glad you've got a positive attitude over it Andy.

And just in case ...

https://www.brianwards.co.uk/?s=fenders&product_cat=0&post_type=product

10% discount for Forum members ... use code NBN :default_rolleyes:

• Haha 5

Lol...how 😁 my sisters have informed me, once they'd stop laughing, that they will be helming the boat this weekend. You can't miss them, one has a beard and smokes a pipe, the over is covered in tattoos and will have a can of Stella in her hand. Good old Essex girls. But we're all sorted now. Currently absolutely pouring down here in Essex, hopefully the weather picks up a bit. Thank 😊 

• Like 4