A Week On Pacific Star

tim

Hi Tim.

Thanks for the Holiday Take πŸ‘

Could I just ask what is that footpath app that you were using?

I thought I knew most of the footpaths around The Broads but that one at Neatishead is a new one on me.

I have always found Neatishead to be a bit difficult for walking the dog off the lead when I have moored there and I do like to visit Neatishead both the main Staithe and Gays.

Ta

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tim said:

missed a call from Annie, landlady at The Lord Nelson where we had a mooring and dinner booked for the evening, unfortunately the chef had tested positive for Covid, therefore the kitchen would be closed.

Full marks to the Nelson Head for letting you know.Β 

That's a very cute dog that you have.Β :default_biggrin:

:55c8f94984577_default_AnimatedGifDogs(127):

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyingFortress said:

Hi Tim.

Thanks for the Holiday Take πŸ‘

Could I just ask what is that footpath app that you were using?

I thought I knew most of the footpaths around The Broads but that one at Neatishead is a new one on me.

I have always found Neatishead to be a bit difficult for walking the dog off the lead when I have moored there and I do like to visit Neatishead both the main Staithe and Gays.

Ta

Hopefully this has worked for a non techie like me!

B66E294C-29C9-40DB-9A6A-EAAEDF6038C2.jpeg

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Full marks to the Nelson Head for letting you know.Β 

That's a very cute dog that you have.Β :default_biggrin:

:55c8f94984577_default_AnimatedGifDogs(127):

Thanks Helen, she is lovely but being a rescue she does have a few issues with strangers, but she’s getting better.

You're probably finding difficulties with Possick, worth the effort though!

• Like 1

It’s good used it for a couple of years, it will give you the gradient of the walk as well as distance which for Cornwall and Devon is good as Mandy has a knee issue and isn’t good with hills!

Not a problem on the broads though! Β πŸ˜‰

21 minutes ago, tim said:

You're probably finding difficulties with Possick, worth the effort though!

Not as many as we expected, but maybe he hasn't 'found his feet' yet!

I'm sitting upstairs in my study and I somehow I know that Graham is preparing our woofs tea. Pozzick cries 'cos he just can't wait. He does sit nicely now though whilst it's being prepared.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tim said:

Sorry I spelt his name wrong but that was because I was too lazy to look back! πŸ˜‰

glad he’s settling in, you’re doing a good thing!

I don't think Pozzick minded! Before he left to collect the mutt from the Dog Wardens Graham and I had to put our heads together to decide how we would spell it anyway.

I did catch Graham calling him Pozzie earlier.Β 
Β 

• Like 1

Saturday 9th July

Always the worst moment of the holiday, having to hand the boat back, but fortunately our holiday wasn’t over just yet as we were off to North Devon on Sunday. The forecast was to be getting hotter and sunnier, so we had made the decision to leave the load lugger Volvo on the drive and take Mandy’s car which was a Golf convertible, she just had to learn to pack light!

Anyway, back to the tale, I was planning on leaving Reedham at 8am, for the short cruise back down The Chet, the boat needed to be back about 9am. So, I got up about 7am make a cuppa and took Lottie for a short walk

I didn’t fancy any breakfast, I had eaten enough this week, plus we were in for a week’s B&B in a Devon pub, so I’m sure I will not go hungry that week. Mandy had packed most of our stuff the previous day, so as I cruised slowly down The Chet, the girls had a good clean up!

We normally do our two-week UK holiday the other way round, B&B in a country pub first then a week on the Broads, so normally when I’m on my last cruise that’s it, holiday done, but this time my mind was starting to think about Devon and not about going back to work!

Soon we were back to the boat yard, I held station while we moved the dinghy, then reversed back, Richard took the dinghy from Mandy

Fiona met us with her usual infectious enthusiasm, our car was waiting on the grass by the quay, it took us about 20mins to load up the car, we always take too much stuff

Our diesel deposit was Β£95, we had managed to go over it by Β£35, which to be honest I thought might have been more considering the price of fuel compared with when we booked, pus we had covered a fair few miles during the week!

This was the second time we had hired Star, she is a lovely boat, obviously she’s getting on a bit, but she’s well cared for very comfortable, plenty of space, is easily maneuvered with help of the bow thruster and isn’t as expensive as similar boats with other companies

I know I had a problem starting her once, but that could’ve been me, in 7 or 8 hires with Pacific we have never had to call them out, we once went back to the yard because we had a problem with a winched canopy on Dawn, when you read some of the stories on here about yards having to be called out, Pacific’s record is very good

No doubt we will be back next year

Thanks for bearing with me, sorry it’s taken so long, what with the passing of our dear queen, my holiday in September and other stuff it’s been a bit of an epic!

I’ll try and do better next year!

IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1