Buccaneer Boats come to the party....

Dan

Yeah.... it seems Hoseasons have copied the information from their houseboats features but the feature list looks more correct from the 240v system onwards.

I'm sure they'll correct it... but they do seem to do that sort of thing.... I suppose it is less obvious to whoever is listing them who, on the face of it, doesnt look to be into/knowledgeable about boats

Dan

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I hired "Gold Pieces" from them back in October 77. It was an old Seamaster 25, and had everything except for a shower. We had a great time on it, and caught my first Broadland fish when back in their yard on the friday afternoon. It sure would bring back some happy memories to hire from them again, but on a bigger boat should they decide to increase their fleet size.

Yes I think it is a Falcon, though Bounty also made some which tend to be the ones that have previously been seen in hirefleets.

A few fleets had them in the early 90s, though HW only had the 27' which seemed to have more staying power I suppose because it is just that little more spacious

Dan

Gav is not far off the mark with the Falcon connection, though as Dan will remember, I started to do some research on this a while ago.

Bounty produced their version of the Falcon 22/23 and 27 but as far as I'm aware, they didn't have the deep v planing hulls and also had very low powered engines. Herbert Woods did have some of the Bounty 27 model in their fleet. Quayline marine were planning on building a new range of Falcon models and I know they produced at least one 23 foot version as I got invited over to their yard in Hertfordshire to look over her.

Yes I remember reading that now, I believe they still keep talking of re-launching the 23!

You are right that Bouty did produce a few.. I think I even saw a Capriole '23' on one of the sales sites a while back too... Either way, as we both know, they were exceptionally well designed boats, I know we took our 27 out happily when some larger boats hid away in port!

Actually, I have to say that of all the boats I have owned, its the Falcon I miss the most.. good to see that our old one is still 'around' too as there has been a new photo plugged up over the summer on the Broads database!

As for the hire boat, I'm sure it will be one of the most profitable - that's for sure!

Indeed Gav!

We have had our Falcon 22 since 2004 and she is ideal for the two of us. I've met the builder and his brother and the next time I see them, I must ask more questions about the Bounty link. Spike from Quayline used to joke with me that I was coming to buy his first produced 23. All I know is it looked great, had a Volvo Penta duo propped leg and fly by wire teccy. It also did 44kts in Southampton Water with 4 MBM observers on board :naughty:

If I had won the lottery, I would have bought her for sure.

In the meantime, we will just have to look after our baby, The Topaz, hull number 1 built in 1984, the first and very original Falcon 22 cheers

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Did you have a dirty weekend? :naughty:

Certainly not Clive. I`l have you know, i through my socks and shreddies at the bulkhead evry day, and they never stuck once :lol::lol::lol: .

Dan said:
Good to see that Buccaneer Boats are offering a little 2 berth now in addition to their houseboats

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/WebPages/EUB ... ODE=BH2110

Dan

Dan, Hi

We launched our first boat back in 1979 at Buccaneer Boats, then owned by Dick and Anne... he was a right :default_pirate: of a man with beard and 'tache thrown in! Anne could sip Gin & Dry Gingers with the best of them!

John1, never did have a name! (2).jpg

I built her out of marine plywood in the hanger at RAF Honington in my final year in the RAF........ nearly all the fittings were liberated from a tip near Stanton where Shetland boats offloaded all their spare bits and pieces! She was an 18ft 5-berth CC home design powered by a 5HP Honda 4-stroke........

John1, never did have a name!.jpg

Edited by Hockham Admiral
pic reinstated

Clive and David, Hi

Now totally off the topic but she was painted with whatever gloss paints I "found" in the paint shed and, as you can see with the ports, I had to use whatever leftovers I found courtesy of Shetland! She was never anti-fouled.

The helm was an old Mini steering-wheel connected to a pulley from a John Rolls washing machine and thence via aeroplane turnbuckles and wire to the outboard.

2 berths for'ard and 3 in the aft "cabin"; two longitudinal at 4ft6ins and one transverse with two steel rods and a canvas hammock slung between.. our 3 kids thought it all quite wonderful!

Oh, and a small Primus stove to cook on and a seat-with-a hole-in-it (and a bucket beneath) for the loo!

I traded her in with Bounty Boats for our Colvic 30CC which I bought as a hull/superstructure and had Bounty complete her to our specs. She looks very outdated now but the woodwork inside was by a Master Cabinet-Maker and would put many modern boats to shame...

BJay.jpg

BJay.jpg

Edited by Hockham Admiral
pic reinstated

Dan, Hi

We launched our first boat back in 1979 at Buccaneer Boats, then owned by Dick and Anne... he was a right pirate of a man with beard and 'tache thrown in! Anne could sip Gin & Dry Gingers with the best of them! ice slice ........

Hi John

It sounds like there is an entertaining tale or ten in those memories!

I remember the fleet being mostly tied up in the mid 90s when we were there and they were looking a bit tired inside, though Captain Moonfleet an Aquafibre 37 Dual steer was out on hire and looked rather irrestible and must have been the pride of the fleet at that time.

http://www.horning.org.uk/source/img.ph ... jpg&ctext=©%20Daniel%20Horner%20,%201995&maxsize=600&shape=1.345

I dont know much about their ownership as they fell off my radar since they only had houseboats :lol:

The Colvic with a Bounty fitout sounds interesting... I guess that would be during Bounty's heydey.... I would have liked to see that

cheersbar

Dan

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I remember the guy with the beard, and was only picturing him in my mind as a result of this thread. I agree with john, he seemed to be a bit of a wide boy, but was really good to my mate and me. he stuck my mates Kawasaki KH250 and my Suzuki GT250B away in the corner of the shed so they would`nt get pinched. However, we did`nt check the odometers when we got back, so he could well have taken them out for thrash around the lanes of Brundall and Blofield. Oh what happy memories.