The White Heron

Mouldy

• 1 month later...

We tried it Tuesday 28th, four of us for lunch, and loved it.

They have indeed removed the choice of banging your head on the low beam or tripping down the step as you walk in, but I'll forgive them for that. They have also installed some young, bright and enthusiastic staff.

I didn't see Broadside so I tried the Adnams stout for the first time, very nice thanks.

A good menu of light lunches and full meals at reasonable prices. I had the lasagne from the light menu and it was spot on. I thought there was a fear it was going to be an upmarket restaurant, no, it's well thought out local pub. I may have even spotted “the last of the summer wine” - the three old guys who always hogged the end of the bar - but they were in the new saloon bar where the pool table is.

Yep, we'll be back there again in the not too distant future, and I still owe OBB a pint.

• Like 5

Glad you enjoyed it. The menu recently under went a few tweaks here and there and a few of the ale pumps cant be seen from the food side so you have to ask what is on offer or pop your head in the sports bar to see them (why do pubs do this?)

Yep you are correct about the "last of the summer wine" old guys being in there who with others have returned since The Ram in the villiage closed again and I am glad you remembered about the I.O.U but fear we may have to meet in either the Kings Head or The Shoulder of Mutton before too long.

• Like 1