Our Scarecrow

Today and tomorrow  is the Martham  Scarecrow  Festival. We saw it last year and thought  we're  take part this year.We started last week.Carried on most of yesterday. Quite pleased with the results.It was hard work.So we've  also done bunting.We will call up to the village later.

A video  taken by Marina,more photos later.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

We went up to the village  .We've got  the only Scarecrow  in our road.Some good ones in the village. Lots of stalls.Stoped for a drink in the village. First time in the  pub.The pub was steady,but not busy yet not many tables.The pool table took up lots of space.I forgot to take photos,will take some tomorrow. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

We went up to the village  .We've got  the only Scarecrow  in our road.Some good ones in the village. Lots of stalls.Stoped for a drink in the village. First time in the  pub.The pub was steady,but not busy yet not many tables.The pool table took up lots of space.I forgot to take photos,will take some tomorrow. 

The chippy and butcher are OK and two Co Ops is just plain greed. Bargain bin always good in the one near DIY shop. :default_biggrin:

Nippy chippy in Potter for us connoisseurs though. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

1 hour ago, MargeandParge said:

The chippy and butcher are OK and two Co Ops is just plain greed. Bargain bin always good in the one near DIY shop. :default_biggrin:

Nippy chippy in Potter for us connoisseurs though. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Brundall has two Co-ops too, which I thought odd. Seems there’s a ‘National’ Co-op and also regional variations (East of England). It still seems odd that they would complete against each other though.

I’ve also noticed that Co-op branded products are increasingly visible in other local stores in villages that don’t have a Co-op, like Roy’s and Thrower’s. That’s encouraging anyway. 

On 30/04/2023 at 07:50, Chelsea14Ian said:

Today and tomorrow  is the Martham  Scarecrow  Festival. We saw it last year and thought  we're  take part this year.We started last week.Carried on most of yesterday. Quite pleased with the results.It was hard work.So we've  also done bunting.We will call up to the village later.

A video  taken by Marina,more photos later.

You have a lovely garden 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Robwrg said:

Please tell me?
How to create your first post.
Yours faithfully.

This is your first post so you've done it all ready :default_biggrin: Perhaps post in New Members and say hi, we're a friendly bunch.

Welcome aboard :default_icon_wave: x