4.5kg Butane Bottles

switched from calor gas to flogas about 6 weeks ago - could not get the calor 4.5 kg bottles anymore. New initial hire charge for the flogas bottles is about £20 plus. \\\\\\flowgas bottles are about 30mm taller than the calor bottles and slightly more in circumference. They also need a clip on regulator - our bottles take the 21mm clip on regulator.

21 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Flogas are now taking some calor bottles in part exchange.

That's handy to know! I knew they took some other companies bottles but calor wasn't on the list on their website.

Edit: A hunt around online shows that not to be the case, quite a list of other names but not calor.

Just now, Smoggy said:

That's handy to know! I knew they took some other companies bottles but calor wasn't on the list on their website.

It's a recent policy. I reckon they needed to boost their stocks once calor pulled out of the 3.9 and 4.5 market

53 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

It's a recent policy. I reckon they needed to boost their stocks once calor pulled out of the 3.9 and 4.5 market

Which stockist did you get this from? I just called one and they said no chance of taking calor bottles as a swap.

Not swapped...sorry, part exchanged. They took the calor bottles and sold us flogas bottles with £20 each knocked off the flogas bottle rental cost or whatever they call it.. 

Bottles had to be like for like as in 3.9 calor propane for 3.9 flogas propane.

Cheers Mikeyboy, what do you want for them? I have a couple but a couple spare won't go amiss.

Do they have the thread caps with them? I ask as they won't be going via the usual system for filling.

Are you around st.ives this weekend?

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Many thanks for the bottles Mikeyboy.

Next scavenge... Does anyone have a couple of the screw on dust caps for these bottles?

Yes I have - but they are still attached to the bottles!  :default_coat: Sorry, I thought it was funny, but have just got back fro the pub.  Thats my excuse! 

1 hour ago, Happy said:

Yes I have - but they are still attached to the bottles!  :default_coat: Sorry, I thought it was funny, but have just got back fro the pub.  Thats my excuse! 

That's the best excuse going, calor don't care if they're there or not when you take them back,  so when can I collect? :default_biggrin:

• Like 1