Advice For Newbie

maccavvy

Stayed for a long weekend at the end of October .

Booked for a week for next time.

While we will cook the odd meal on the boat. What pubs are recommended for eating at .

Feels more like a holiday if we're not cooking and cleaning every night.

We are at the Greene king in wroxham and the Dog Inn at ludham bridge. .

Also when doing a pump out is it just a case of pulling up and letting them do it or is it a DIY thing. We didn't need to do it for the weekend 

Are you intending to stay north or try out the southern broads? 

If north my favourites are The White Horse pubs at Neatishead and Upton (though Upton has limited mooring) and The Lion at Thurne. Lots of people like The Bridge Inn at Acle, though personally I find their menu a bit boring.

Most pump outs are done for you, though there are a couple of DIY options on the southern broads. 

• Like 2

Yep! All of the above and then some. The Sutton Staithe Hotel one of my faves as is The Wayford Bridge Inn. The New Inn and Ferry Inn at Horning are excellent for relaxing in their riverside gardens watching the boats come and go over a meal and a drink or two

I agree with you about not wanting to cook and clear up on your holiday but sometimes it's nice to cosy up on board for the evening and prepare a meal, my kids don't like it but that's another story :default_biggrin:

A very warm welcome aboard the forum :default_icon_wave: x

• Like 3

Depending on the boat and how many of you are on board you may not need a pumpout if you’re here for a week. Especially if you use the facilities on shore while you’re moored up. 

As for eating recommendations I would try whatever there is wherever you end up. Some establishments will change hands over time, change staff, change menus. So the best recommendations are probably to be had nearer the time. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the quick responses.. plenty pubs to go at then.

I'm sure we will cook a few evening meals and cuddle up in front of the TV . 

But nice to know where things are.

Will be on the northern broads mostly. Just really enjoyed the chilled atmosphere. We did drop lucky with weather through for end of October 

IMG20231029081423.jpg

• Like 4