Uncle Mikes Friday Quiz 2024

grendel

Evening All ... and many thanks to Arthur for last week's quiz. 

Some how I came out on top so ... I have a sheet of general knowledge questions prepared and will be in the chat room around 8.30 on Friday evening for an 8.40 start if we have enough players. I realise it's the meet next weekend but we will see whether we have enough folk. If we do then we'll go for it and if not then we'll postpone. So please come along if you can, about 8.30 in the chat room.

https://www.nbnchat.com/chat/

Enter a user name and leave the password blank.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Apologies in advance - I will be up for the Spring Meet, so may well be having a well deserved libation near Salhouse or Ranworth !

Outrageous! You should join from wherever you are and drag whoever you are with into the quiz as well. :default_drink_2::default_rofl:

• Haha 2

On 14/05/2024 at 20:18, SwanR said:

I have a sheet of general knowledge questions prepared and will be in the chat room around 8.30 on Friday evening for an 8.40 start if we have enough players. I realise it's the meet next weekend but we will see whether we have enough folk. If we do then we'll go for it and if not then we'll postpone. So please come along if you can, about 8.30 in the chat room.

Enter a user name and leave the password

Just a reminder for anyone able to join me this evening.  :default_icon_wave:

4 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Struggling for a signal in the outback of Norfolk !

Ha ha ... Grendel made it in on Salhouse 2G. :default_rofl:

However we only had 3 contestants so postponing to next week. No problem ... we expected there might not be enough people free this week.

Have a lovely weekend my Friday Friends and we'll try again next week. It will be another bank holiday weekend and the start of half term but we'll see.

• Like 2

Just a reminder of the quiz this evening. 

Chat room at 8.30 for an 8.40 start. Usual break halfway. Come along and test your general knowledge or your ability to make a lucky guess before anyone else. :default_rofl:

Enter a user name and leave the password Blank. 

Hope to see you there.  :default_icon_wave:

• Like 2

Evening All,

As expected with half term and the long weekend we didn't have enough players again tonight. 

Thanks to those who did pop in.

Here's hoping for a good turnout next week. 

Enjoy the weekend everyone. :default_drink_2:

• Like 1

Just arrived at sunny Basingstoke -boy-racer centre of the South by the sound of the screaming exhaust pipes outside our hotel. No air conditioning in our hotel room and an opportunity to sleep under what seems to be a yak skin in a duvet cover. Sadly we were too late for the quiz due to the Highways Agency's policy of coning off the inside lane of much of both the M3 and M25 and bringing the speed limit down to 50mph. Hopefully, normal service will be resumed next Friday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, SteveO said:

No air conditioning in our hotel room and an opportunity to sleep under what seems to be a yak skin in a duvet cover

Reminds me of a night in a formula 1 cheapo hotel in the centre of Angouleme in France during the heatwave of summer 2003. No air con, foam mattresses and I had a load of wet washing I’d done before leaving the campsite we’d been on. It got a bit like a sauna and I had to chuck the washing out into the corridor in the middle of the night. It went missing! The cleaner found the wet towels in the neighbouring room next morning. 

• Haha 1

Bumping this up again. Here’s hoping it will be third time lucky for getting my quiz run on Friday evening! 

Please come if you can … otherwise I will gracefully retire and you may never know what you might have known if the questions had been asked.  :default_rofl:

Hopefully I will see you about 8.30 in the chat room. The quiz will start at 8.40 prompt. 🤞

Enter a user name and leave the password blank.

• Like 4

That was a great meeting of the Friday Friends this evening. Many thanks to everyone who came along to play my quiz, it was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed hosting it.

It was a close finish with Arthur and Steve joint runners up on 10 points.

Congratulations to Tigerhawk who was victorious on 12 points. :default_trophy:

As we have a number of people otherwise engaged next Friday we have agreed that the quiz will take a break next week, returning the following Friday. By that time it might even be summer. :default_rofl:

Have a lovely weekend everyone.  :default_icon_wave:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your quiz TH. It was a close run thing for sure. 

Questions have now been written for next Friday and I shall try to remember to post midweek as a reminder. 

• Like 1

Hope to be there Jean.

I was not on form this Friday but at least I was able to demonstrate my knowledge of Childrens TV from many years ago and my ignorance of popular music.

Good quiz from TH and I expect yours will be another entertaining evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1