Uncle Mikes Friday Quiz 2024

grendel

to start the year off here are the topics postponed from this Friday

to give everyone a chance to brush up their knowledge i present the topics for this coming fridays quiz -- January 5th 2024

1. Cryptic Cathedrals

2. Christmas

3. Christmas Music

Break to recover and refresh your glasses

4. 12 days

5. Youtube Boats

6. Christmas Leftovers

Start 8,30 ish   in the chatroom

http://www.nbnchat.com/chat

Enter your User Name but leave password blank

Topics sorted for Friday;

1. Words and their meanings,

2. Currencies,

3. Film/Movie quotes,

Break for a cuppa

4. Books,

5. Crumbs,

6. Allsorts

8.30ish start in the chat room, http://www.nbnchat.com/chat.

Use your name but leave the password blank.

See you all there tomorrow

Start 8,30 ish   in the chatroom

http://www.nbnchat.com/chat

Enter your User Name but leave password blank

• Like 2

My potential apologies for tonight Bern. Think I need to get snug in bed to nurse a filthy cold. If I can’t get to sleep, I’ll come along, at least for a while. 
First cold I’ve had in many, many years. 

13 minutes ago, kpnut said:

My potential apologies for tonight Bern. Think I need to get snug in bed to nurse a filthy cold. If I can’t get to sleep, I’ll come along, at least for a while. 
First cold I’ve had in many, many years. 

Get well soon :default_sad:

• Love 1

56 minutes ago, Happy said:

Get well soon 

Seems it’s not the first cold  I’ve had in many, many years after all. 

Covid test was positive.
I only did it as a precaution as I’m meant to be going beating tomorrow, so for the sake of others, thought I should as someone was bound to ask!

That goes explain the achiness and lack of energy mind you.

How do we know that covid tests haven’t morphed into testing positive even if it’s just a normal cold? They’re both extremely similar viruses I thought. 

• Like 1

Apology Bern, on ferry duty, passenger running late and haven’t worked out how to link the chat room to my S.A.M. reverse speech synthesis talktype gubbins on hands free and hit return from the steering wheel, should make it next week. Have a good quiz!

• Haha 2

FRIDAY QUIZ: CHANGE OF PLAN:

Bern messaged me today to tell me that she has had a bad fall and broken her pelvis. She is now laid up in hospital with no idea of when she will be coming home.  I am sure you will join me in wishing her a speedy recovery. She has asked me to run next Friday's quiz, in her likely absence. Topics are as follows:-

Famous faces from their places

Red in tooth and claw 

Cryptic Britain

Half time break

Movie tag-lines

Food and drink

Odds and ends

If numbers are sufficient, we will kick off at 8.30ish start in the chat room, http://www.nbnchat.com/chat.

Enter your username but leave the password blank.  I hope to see as many of you as possible on Friday.

• Thanks 1

That’s really unlucky news from Bern. I can’t even imagine what’s involved with sorting it out.
My very best wishes to you Bern (you’ll read this once you’re bored enough in the hospital to read the forum). 
And many thanks Steve. 

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear that Bern, Unfortunately I will be unable to attend tonight (unless I drop in late as I am doing an astronomy outreach at a local college this evening - this might even call for long trousers (and thermals)

• Like 1

Bern hopes that you all have a good quiz tonight.

Looks like she might be be in for a while.

Still bedbound and in a lot of pain.

On the plus side I am fine.

John

• Like 1

On 15/01/2024 at 16:24, SteveO said:

FRIDAY QUIZ: CHANGE OF PLAN:

Bern messaged me today to tell me that she has had a bad fall and broken her pelvis. She is now laid up in hospital with no idea of when she will be coming home.  I am sure you will join me in wishing her a speedy recovery. She has asked me to run next Friday's quiz, in her likely absence. Topics are as follows:-

Famous faces from their places

Red in tooth and claw 

Cryptic Britain

Half time break

Movie tag-lines

Food and drink

Odds and ends

If numbers are sufficient, we will kick off at 8.30ish start in the chat room, http://www.nbnchat.com/chat.

Enter your username but leave the password blank.  I hope to see as many of you as possible on Friday.

BUMP!

• Like 1

Contestants were a bit thin on the ground this evening for various good reasons. In the end we just had enough people to run a quiz. It was a close run thing between Arthur, Polly and NikO until the penultimate round, when Arthur demonstrated his superior film knowlege and shot into the lead, which he held through the final round, and emerged the eventual winner. He even knew where Praze an Beeble is! Congratulations go to Arthur, who will be next week's QM.

• Like 2