Richardsons

garryn

Whatever the arguments, The Broads must not be preserved like some sort of exhibit.

As the hire fleet slowly retires, these and their hire tolls need to be housed. Marinas need to be built, facilities need providing.

Otherwise costs will rise as market forces take effect, long term mooring prices will rise by demand, less boats on the water, tolls will have to rise to take up the slack.

The Broads could well become an elitist playground as viewed by the public, the same public that is needed to fund future flood defenses.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

The Broads could well become an elitist playground as viewed by the public, the same public that is needed to fund future flood defenses.

Don't you think that The Broads are already considered an elitist playground by some.  Just look at social media and see the number of posts proclaiming that Broads holidays are no longer financially viable to them, due to spiralling hire costs and (to them) unacceptable mooring fees.

• Like 2

On 03/01/2024 at 12:33, NeilB said:

I think Clive took most of the boat building team with him to Horning.  The smaller sheds on Swan quay never seem to be opened much and one has the half finished sedan boat sat inside gathering dust, what looks like a day cruiser hull in the other.

I guess with less painted boats in the fleet now the newer ones just require a few gel repairs and a polish which could be done outside, the shed space reserved for the painted boats.

Hi, 

the Stalham boatbuilding team was made redundant when I left the company only one accepted a vacant position at Richardsons but who now is part of the HPC team, the rest of the ‘core’ team had some time off then joined my project from july to November before the demerge was completed since then some have joined and some have left. 
I didn’t ‘take’ anyone, they joined me, 

there were 4 staff at horning at the split, we now have a 17 strong team. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5