According to Craig's database it is one of Sandersons 'Lady' class, a small woodie very much in the style of the early Herbert Woods cruisers. I have a very vague recollection of seeing one advertised for sale but it was many years ago. Sorry I can't be more helpful. And welcome from me too. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the welcoming messages and NorfolkNog for the internal layout

I'm hoping that there are some former holiday snaps around to help with how the large stack of internal components, which I obtained with the stripped out hull, were fitted which will save a lot of guess work with re-assembly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sillybilly said:

Thanks for all the welcoming messages and NorfolkNog for the internal layout

I'm hoping that there are some former holiday snaps around to help with how the large stack of internal components, which I obtained with the stripped out hull, were fitted which will save a lot of guess work with re-assembly

49 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

DSC_0024.JPG.46ae0c9544a0f179cd54e9106099db0d.jpeg

Howard's picture shows Lady Helena, a close cousin to Lady Ursula but with a different internal layout. Lady Helena has her galley and toilet aft with a small double berth in the nose.

Thrilled to hear that Lady Ursula is out there somewhere. Is she still in Norfolk?

• Like 4

Thanks NorfolkNog for the photo this particular boat is a special one of which is slightly longer than the standard Lady class 

This boat was beautifully restored and one striking detail is the windows which are a better design than standard

The owner of this boat sent me a series of photos some years ago  which unfortunately have been lost due to a fault with my cloud which was not backed up correctly also lost were some emails from Colin Sanderson at that time inviting me to visit the yard to discuss Lady Ursula but due to a return of some serious re occuring health problems I was unable to go and now I understand the yard has sadly closed

Colin told me at that time that all the other lady class had been lost including the one sent to Japan so I feel it is important to restore Lady Ursula

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Howard's picture shows Lady Helena, a close cousin to Lady Ursula but with a different internal layout. Lady Helena has her galley and toilet aft with a small double berth in the nose.

Thrilled to hear that Lady Ursula is out there somewhere. Is she still in Norfolk?

Thanks JanetAnn

She is in Nottingham I discovered her in an overgrown  garden the chap had completely stripped the internals but had stored most of the doors and panelling including the steering assembly, sink, toilet and the rusted engine etc 

James

• Like 1

I presume you have unlimited funds available? :default_icon_twisted:. Hearing of other woodie restorations on here, you're going to need them. Welcome, and pics along the way would be most welcome. There's a wealth of knowledge here, and some wonderfully helpful people willing to share.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Regulo said:

I presume you have unlimited funds available? :default_icon_twisted:. Hearing of other woodie restorations on here, you're going to need them. Welcome, and pics along the way would be most welcome. There's a wealth of knowledge here, and some wonderfully helpful people willing to share.

Don't I know it!

Before I retired I rebuilt restored and refitted many Plastic, Steels and  Woodies Great while others are paying for it, but painful when it's for oneself Also suitable storage and worshop area is seriously expensive

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hello JanetAnne

I had no further contact re the owner of 'Lady Helena' though maybe that's due to you needing my email

Edit, email removed, please use forum PM.

best regards 

SillyBilly

On 09/04/2024 at 10:03, floydraser said:

:default_welcome: and good luck with the project. You have certainly come to the right place. :default_smiley-char054:

Edited by ExSurveyor
Email removed from public forum.

If you click on the name of the person you want to message you will SE an envelope, click that and it opens up a message from.

I will send you one, watch out for an alert in the top right.

The three bars in the top right also opens options including the PMs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1