Cleaning Our Hose Pipe

We will be on board Blue Mist later this week.....can't wait! Our hose pipe (100') has been in a box in the garage at home since last year. Can anyone advise the best way to ensure it is properly clean before we fill up with water please?

Thanks.....bucket

I would seek the advice of an expert, later on this evening down the pub engage with the landlord and see if you can assist with cleaning the lines, don’t drink too much before closing time though as there will be the contents to consume whilst they’re soaking in cleaning solution.

If you fill your hose with beer I’m sure some forum members will be able to help with the first stage!

• Haha 4

Hi I soak a wad of tissue insert it in the end and flush iy through the pipe after first running some water through to wet the inside then flush the pipe. John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Apart from perhaps some errant spider, what are you expecting to have to wash out.

Whilst camping in the South of France once, my best mate (more than a little hung over) stuck his head under a standpipe and turned the tap on to quench his thirst. What he'd failed to realise was that the local population of frogs were drawn in by the cool damp conditions and the smaller ones could climb into the pipe. Judging by his reaction, frogs legs for breakfast didn't appeal. Ever since then, I've always made a point of running a hose for a bit before use :8_laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Apart from perhaps some errant spider, what are you expecting to have to wash out. 

Yep, the flush through for a minute or so is good enough. 

The spiders in my garage wouldn't fit inside the hose MM......

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1