A Week Or Two Trailer Storage

xpand1t

Hi I'm hoping to bring my Macgregor 26 to the Norfolk Broads for a week or two next year and I was wondering if anyone would have somewhere to hire a bit storage for a trailer and how much this would be, ideally near a slipway and between Wroxham and Acle, If there was room for the car as well, that would be great, but the trailer is the main concern.

Another welcome from us.

If you don't want to be up the Ant you could try The Swallowtail yard in Ludham, Hermitage Marina at Acle Eastwood Whelpton at Upton . I'm only thinking of slipways if you don't want to be under Ludham Bridge

I am not sure if Horning sailing club could accomodate you maybe one of our members will let you know.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

37 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

I said Hermitage Marina and that wouldn't help as our OP would have to navigate under Acle Bridge. So forget Hermitage. 

I would assume an easy droppable mast if trailering, why would anyone want to be on northern rivers with a fixed mast for a couple weeks, too restrictive.

If I'm wrong about the mast I would suggest southern rivers, talk to reedcutter at cantley about car and trailer as there's a slip there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marshman said:

Talk to the Reedcutter by all means but I think the slip is the responsibility of the Cantley Parish Council approach them -plenty of room around there for a car and trailer

The car and trailer is the bit that needs asking about not the slip.

6 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I would assume an easy droppable mast if trailering, why would anyone want to be on northern rivers with a fixed mast for a couple weeks, too restrictive.

If I'm wrong about the mast I would suggest southern rivers, talk to reedcutter at cantley about car and trailer as there's a slip there.

I Probably got confused as  expand1t asked for locations between Wroxham and Acle so I assumed river but as a trailer sailer he could have meant by road. All the recommendations have been good to launch and recover even Eastwood Whelpton as they do their very best to help everyone. 

One more  from confused. com is The Pheonix Fleet at Potter Heigham you would have to sail down The Thurne to get at The Bure but no over hanging trees or bridges.  I've seen some fairly big craft launched and recovered best when the tides in. They are very accommodating if approached with respect and have areas to store your car and trailer. 

Ole Marge is about to poke my dinner through the bars so it's back in me box.:default_icon_e_biggrin:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your warm welcome and information, Yes mast is collapsible and i just love this area of the broads done it a few years on hire boats before 2021. Then fell in love with sailing and i have found the macgregor suited all my options with its outboard and low draft so I am hoping I will  be able to go most places and enjoy a bit of sailing as well where suitable. probably will head down to Breydon water to.

• Like 1