pacific moonlight

loribear

:wave hi everyone, ive just booked our hols with pacific from loddon yey, we've booked pacific moonlight,& it looks a nice boat but was just wondering if anyone had had any experience of them, & wondered if they were any good, as we've never been with them before, lori :Stinky

Hi Lori,

The boat as you say looks tidy enough, I have passed the yard going into Loddon staithe many times, we have never hired on the Broads other than day boats.

The main thing with all boat yards is it down to how clean and tidy the boats are when you take them over, is everything there and does it all work. If all the above is true and if the boats call out service is good should you need them, that is all you can ask for.

Have a good holiday and let us know how it turns out.

Being as you live near the twisted spire have you visited the canal there? or are you a member of the canal society.

Regards

Alan

I'm sorry to randomly pick this thread to ask - because it will appear rude of me - but I have no personal experience of Pacific Cruisers, though reports seem to suggest they a very well kept fleet of reasonably priced boats with a friendly family welcome awaiting hirers.

To my point however, I often see people who have booked a boat and then choose to come and ask if people have either had experience of said boat, or what the boatyard is like.

I just wonder what one may feel if the question was asked and the replies came back that the boat was appalling and the yard were terrible.

It might be prudent to ask, then book not vice versa to be sure.

Hi Lori

I have only ever read good reviews on Pacific's friendly approach, service and cleanliness so I'm sure you'll have an enjoyable trip.

I think Moonlight's interior shows it's age in places, as is to be expected perhaps, but has had upgrades here and there, like the new galley a few years back to keep it presentable and good value overall.

Have a good holiday cheers

Dan

Hi Lori,

The boat as you say looks tidy enough, I have passed the yard going into Loddon staithe many times, we have never hired on the Broads other than day boats.

The main thing with all boat yards is it down to how clean and tidy the boats are when you take them over, is everything there and does it all work. If all the above is true and if the boats call out service is good should you need them, that is all you can ask for.

Have a good holiday and let us know how it turns out.

Being as you live near the twisted spire have you visited the canal there? or are you a member of the canal society.

Regards

Alan

hi alan, no not visited the canal but been past it a few times & no not a member of the society, i'm not really a fan of canals been there done that & was nearly crippled by all those locks, as i suffer with slipped discs every now & again, we did the cheshire ring quite a few years ago but did'nt enjoy it, too much hard work. Lori :Stinky

Have a great time and don't miss a visit to the New Inn at Rockland St Mary!

We don't pick Friday Girl from Horning until the beginning of Sept and we'll be up North while you're down South.

:wave ok john never mind, maybe we'll catch up with you next year. Lori :Stinky

Hi Lori.

I've been with Pacific twice and I had Moonlight back in 2003 before the galley and the sofa was refitted. To be honest, back then it was a tatty mess but I've been aboard since and it looked very nice. I also hired Emerald in 2006 and that's had improvements since then as well. Pacific have a lot going for them - they're a small family business and you'll receive a warm friendly welcome. The start location is very pretty as I'm sure you know and Pyes Mill is hard to beat as a last night spot in my view. The pricing is generally very good value. The only thing to watch for is cleanliness - on both occasions hiring from them the boat was presented less than spotless and I've read similar feedback from others recently. Check when you go aboard as they're friendly enough to correct anything that's not as it should be. Moonlight has a fantastic layout and space for 2 or 3 people by the way.

:wave hi simon thanks for information, have taken it on board what you've said & will check the boat out before we leave, & like you said loddon is a lovely place, we've been a few times before as we like visiting caroline, & her lovely cakes are yummy, will let you know how we get on, & if anybody's about that week & you see us, give us a wave, lori cheersice slice