Trev and Bob,s boating blog in pictures

diesel falcon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI, all,

A busy weekend! we left for Norfolk sat 8am, to catch the high tide at 1 30pm, 2,5 hours in the car on the glorious 45mph norfolk motorway called the a 47!!.

When we arrived at the boatyard there was already a very high tide , so it was unpack the car ,and get the tools ready, before we could go out we had to fit two new start batteries, the old one,s were had it, one showed 6 volts(after a shake up)  and one zero volts!!, batteries fitted after lots of cursing!!(they are very heavy 110amps and have to be man handled at arms length to get them in,

Next job a new alternator belt for the starboard engine , easy!!, not......take off fresh water hoses from pump, forget to hold up  inlet, why is the sump pump running!! lol.

after completing it was time to leave , a nice crisp sunny day and lunch was taken just before Burgh castle...Beef and mustard cheesy rolls yum yum..............

post-230-0-46258300-1424636708_thumb.jpg

we motored up the river in mixed sunshine , was very pleasent for february, we ended up up down the chet  ,they are still dredging it, and clearing overhanging trees(i quiet liked it with the trees!!).

We had a very relaxed afternoon and evening, we had a few beers on the boat, and a scout was sent out to acquire  vettles, in the from of the best hadcock and chips i ve had in a long time ,from the chip shop,

Sunday morning we woke up to a very hard frost so it was on with the eberspaher, and the propex to thaw it out, plenty of mugs of tea!!

On the way back the wind started to pick up a sign of things to come, an uneventful trip back , except for when we approaching Reeham ferry , there, swimming happily was a large  Otter, he swam alongside the boat for 20 seconds, then off he went !.

Next time i,ll try and remember the camara!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The real adventure doesn t start until easter! , although i am staying on the boat in the week at the moment, have been getting the boat ready for the coming season, have sorted a charging problem out(rewire) and have rebuilt starboard engine raw water pump,which had a rotted out lip seal, and badly scoured wear plate,so these have been renewed, also the engine hatch ram has had a new bracket fitted(the hatch is lead lined, so is rather heavy!) and new hybolic oil added.,have refitted the seating on the back so all good to go, jobs left to do include cut and polish hull and topsides ,fit new anodes(if possible) ,will need new air filters ,but can,t bring myself to pay £45 for each of them....

There you are a quick update , now where to go at easter??