Trev and Bob,s boating blog in pictures

diesel falcon

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

it been a at bit quite on hear lately, due to 3 recent events, which have taken president over the blog,but the good news??, lol is we are boating next weekend!!, and hope to get some shots for the blog, in the mean time here,s a few shot,s from a recent trip to a local canal, they are from Foxdon locks,near Market Harbourgh............

foston%2010.jpg

Top lock

foston%2015.jpg

The way down

foston%203.jpg

Pull!!, Look mum the boats level with the roofs!

foston%206.jpg

Bridge 61 pub.

foston%2013.jpg

Bottom Lock....and Bridge 61

foxton%204.jpg

Canal bridge

foston%208.jpg

Goodbye!

foston%2012.jpg

Long way up!

Not the broads but made it a walk with the camara :wave

back to normal after the weekend.....hopefully!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no, guess what the blogs back!!,

Anyway we set off for the boat on Friday evening and had a good drive down the a47, the temperature outside was 28.5 c, phew.....thank god for climate control!!, by the time we got to st olaves it was 6 30pm and was still 24 c with a sea breeze, we unpacked the kitchen sink!! , and filled the boat up with water, the poor old girl needs a good clean,after 3 months of neglect...any volunteers?(thought not! lol)

At 7 30 we started the engine,s and proceeded out of the mariner and down the Waveny , we then cracked open a beer and a wine , ,it was good to be out on the river and such great weather, we cruised up the Yare for as long as we could, but stopped at Langly upstream, don,t know why they have changed the name ,always knew it as Langly Dyke?.

We got moored up at about 945, inbetween two other boats on the straith,as it was busy!! who,s let it out of the bag!!!

A couple of drinks were had and a cold meal, then it was time for a well earned sleep,we woke to a stunning morning, so it was covers off ,first thing.......................................

landley%20d.jpg

Langly upstream! around 11am

We let go the ropes when ready and turned to port at the end of the dyke we had agood run up with the tide ,and met this guy .......................

josephine.jpg

We took the short cut through Surlingham broad it looked smashing in the good weather and tree,s fully in foalage,there was a nice woody aswell........................

surlingham%20woody.jpg

We ended up moored at Coldham hall for the night, had a nice meal and drinks a wonderful day on the southern broads,

A WORD OF WARNING ......THERE ARE A LOT OF MOSQUITO,S ABOUT, OUCHH, ITCH,ITCH!!

Whilst moored on the stern on mooring at coldham, i happend to notice something on sunday morning, here,s a picture of the moorings, if you notice there a weed? with a feather attached, for a bit of fun.....what do you think lives in the weed?? i ll post up photographic evidence later!

coldham%20hall%201.jpg

• Like 5

Lovely photos - really enjoyed looking at those and being reminded of our holiday - can't believe it's almost three weeks since we came back now.

Just wanted to add about the name of the moorings at Langley Dyke. Last year part of these moorings was being renewed when we were there - someone told us it wasn't being extended just replacing the quay heading and laying a path of sorts. 

We went back this year and used both the old and new areas, thereby discovering that one end is called Langley Downstream and one is called Langley Upstream. No idea why two separate names unless it is because the moorings aren't strictly speaking one continuous line along a straight bank?

post-33837-0-66326700-1436978300_thumb.j

post-33837-0-95670900-1436978376_thumb.j

• Like 2

Ok, I give up, Iv'e been tearing my hair out over this, I really have lol, I even googled Tiny Creatures of the Norfolk Broads....is it a Whirliygig Beetle (I think that's how you spell it) other than that I have no Idea, the only members Boat on Oulton that I know of is The Jenny Morgan, so please put me out of my misery Falcon, I just know it's going to be something everyone knows about and I am going to die with embarrassment  :dunce:  lol

Grace  :kiss

• Like 2

I can just picture Grace, steam billowing from her ears! :naughty: 

So near but so far away from the answer. Well done John (MM) I was wondering if it might be a Wren.

Looking forward to the pictures Trevor.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

You underestimate our Gracie, she will take it all in her stride.....THEN clobber you over the head with a frying pan! :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 4