Trev and Bob,s boating blog in pictures

diesel falcon

After our little trip down and up the chet we made good time , and when we reached Langley dyke we were lucky that there was only one boat on the moorings, so we got comfy and proceeded to cool down we a good shower, and a cold beer....or two!! we ate a cold meal on Que Vadis, 

After dark que,s boat got attacked by midges, they were everywhere, one top tip we found by accident really was that midges(these are the large blood sucking one,s) are attracted to blue light, so as Bobs boat was covered, my boat didn,t have one in, but the blue transom light was nearly obsured by them, 

At about 330 am i was woken by large bangs ,and flashes, yes the storm had arrived, it was like a firework display and heavy rain, the rain cleared by morning....pictures to follow,,,,

Hi Guys

just looking at your great blog and noticed a photo of a boat you captured on 30th May 2013 with the caption looking good on the river

this was our first trip on the river after comming up from Cardif and are now based in Brundall Bay Marina, moveing from Eastwood Marina after The Wroxham Cowboys took over.

she is a Super Van Craft, steel hull, wooden top, weighing in at some 18 ton. we are out all the time so if you see us give us a wave. if we're moored up come and have a chat.

cheers Guys

Tony & Caz

Gone Roaming.post-545-0-76484100-1406121581_thumb.jpg

Hi Tony & Cas,

We are on KQ48, sadly we are not down now until December but we have fellow owners on for 40 weeks of the year.

Have you used the wetrooms (only completed last year) up at the reception building? they are on the same code as the barrier code.

We used to be moored at Ferry Marine at Horning, Tingdene is much better.

If you have not got your Wi-Fi login code, go into reception and ask Chris or Mark for it.

Remember that you can get a free Winter lift as part of your moring fee. Again see Mark for the details, this is good news if you wish to do any DIY antifouling or prop repairs.

Regards

Alan

Hi Tony,

Have you come across P & J Cleaning, Peter & Jackie they have just moved their boat "Just For Us" down to the next to the last mooring on the left just before getting onto the river.

You will see P & J cleaning several of the boats in the marina or doing some compound & polishing and gelcoat repairs(not needed in your case).It was ideal when Broom's had the workshop (BMS)on the opposite side to Reception.

You may have seen Alex Frazer's (logo) van on the marina, he is one of the roving engineers that a number of boat owners now use on the site.

I agree it is a friendly marina, not too sure about the clubhouse however, not my scene.

Sorry for going off of topic.

Regards

Alan

Hi Guys, brilliant photos as usual thanks so much for posting them, hope you don't mind me saying but you are both complete lunatics lol, (said with affection) loving this blog, keep it coming

Grace

Boom!!

Thanks Gracie, this is what the thunderstorms were like friday night/sat morning(not my picture)

boom.jpg

• Like 2