Hi from a new boat owner!

reedham

Just thought I'd say hello and share some pics of our new boat! We've lived in Reedham for the last 13 years and my company rents several of the offices in the Wherryman's yard (formally Corvette Marine) and our work neighbours are a Marine company (ADB Services). Despite this up until the start of the the week I'd never owned a boat so I though it was time to change that. We searched on ebay and boatshed etc but nothing interesting appeared in our price range, we were basically looking for a 30"+ diesel cruiser with at least 4 berths and a proper toilet / shower room for less then £5k. Anyway last week a boat called 'Perfick' came up for sale and matched all our requirements, and even better was on a no-reserve auction so we went to see her and despite her being very tatty fell in love. What then followed was a week of waiting to see if she would come in under budget and with a bid in the last few seconds of the auction we managed to get her for a very reasonable price.  :clap Today she was towed from her home for the last many years at Brundall Gardens back to Reedham and she'll be leaving the water soon for a very extensive refit.

Anyway here's a few pics:

Perfick+Last+Pics+%25287%2529.jpg

Perfick+Last+Pics+%252856%2529.jpg

Perfick+Last+Pics+%252873%2529.jpg

Perfick+Last+Pics+%252882%2529.jpg

She's a RLM 31 with twin Perkins 4108 diesel engines. At the moment both engines run but one of the legs is seized and she's generally just tatty. We're planning on having her out of the water for at least a couple of months whilst the work is done. I'm very lucky in so much as the yard is literally at the bottom of my garden so I can pop over there in the evenings / weekends to do things and the bigger jobs will be done by ADB.

We're hugely excited by finally being boat owners and looking forward to being able to take her back on the river when all the work's done.
  :saily:
  • Like 3

Hello and welcome to the forum.

By the looks of the pictures you have done very well, there will be more than Fred that are green with envy.

For what you have paid (I checked out the advert on Ebay) very well done. I would get a survey done in preparation for the BSS and work from there.

Please let us know how you get on with your project.

Regards

Alan

Thanks for the messages! This is going to be a very steep learning curve for me but hopefully an enjoyable one. I had (and still have!) no idea what boats are worth however having looked at quite a few 'Perfick' does seem to be quite good value so fingers crossed. We did look at a few boats in better condition but they were far more expensive and walking round them we decided that we'd want to replace a lot of things to make them our own anyway so it seemed pointless getting a boat that was 'done' and then tearing it apart. That said every time I go aboard Perfick the amount of work it needs seems to increase!

I'll be taking plenty of pictures during the work and of course anyone who wants to come along to the yard to have a look is very welcome. 

I'm sure all the hard work you put in will be well worth while and you'll enjoy hours of pleasure from her.Great that you have an engineer "on site" and Andy is an excellent one-tell him Big Al says hello-will pop up & see how you are progressing when we are next in Reedham-All the best with the project

Boycee

:band

I'm sure all the hard work you put in will be well worth while and you'll enjoy hours of pleasure from her.Great that you have an engineer "on site" and Andy is an excellent one-tell him Big Al says hello-will pop up & see how you are progressing when we are next in Reedham-All the best with the project

Boycee

:band

Hi, Alan.. nice to see you about again! cheers