The Name Stracey Arms

Hylander

Listening to Radio Norfolk this morning to the traffic report , I was intrigued to hear the reporter stating that the A47 is clearing now after some delays caused by a broken down car near to The Stracey Arms.        I am convinced that The Stracey Arms name will live on for ever.

I did chuckle and thought to myself Good Old Norfolk when the reporter also stated that at Woodbastwick the road had become unpassable due to the jets on a watering system that should have been facing the field, for some reason were now facing the road.

You could not make it up.

M

• Like 3

To me it will always be the Stracey Arms. I remember it well from the seventies. It was more of a family pub back then, really busy and the moorings were pretty full during the evening. They used to have live bands on too, I always think it would make a good live music venue – no chance of getting complaints from the neighbours!!! :naughty:

cheersbar

Hylander, I would think that the name will live on for as long as the Stracey Arms Windpump remains standing. The pub pre-dates the windpump, but I doubt very much if the name of the windpump will ever be changed.

Listening to Radio Norfolk this morning to the traffic report , I was intrigued to hear the reporter stating that the A47 is clearing now after some delays caused by a broken down car near to The Stracey Arms.        I am convinced that The Stracey Arms name will live on for ever.

I did chuckle and thought to myself Good Old Norfolk when the reporter also stated that at Woodbastwick the road had become unpassable due to the jets on a watering system that should have been facing the field, for some reason were now facing the road.

You could not make it up.

M

Lovely, Mo, and so true! :clap  :clap :clap  

Long may it remain so! :wave

• Like 1

i have always known it as the stacey arms moorings and always stop there for the passage across breydon.....the shop is great for any last minute bits before crossing and they do a mean full english which for me is obligitery.....they were thinking of selling up ....dont know if they have yet....i hope not.....i remember the busy days and nights of the pub back in the seventys and the landlady being of the no nonsence type....i had the claim to disfame of being asked to leave for not taking my empty glasses back to the bar....which i thought a tad harsh......maybe it was something to do with there being 20 of us in motorbike gear.....but we were not rowdy and had spent a lot of money....ahh those were the days :shocked