a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

I,m her  to tell a day to day stori orf the ole yard what we do and how we do it......

i.ll post when I can just like I,ll norm do when I get the time ........

my yard is small and busy with all sort goinn on .

so heer goows.........

today meet some old customers with there refit bahama nice job done with alittle more to do

loverly modern internal oak faced and modern stove and cold thing too...

they bourght ther two ole dags too ,and I must say my rite lag and other one too is well worn out

must orf been my knee pads that attracted him so much ,but as soon as we turned our talk to some thing else in the boat, the dog after several" leave him alone" and "  I,m sorry" was back on me like a rabbit ...

spent most off day on the road off to horning first to see the best broom skipper 30 I know ....

diesel leak sorted and left some big ole foot oily prints on his posh ole deck too...!!!

then back to base to restock ,fix dam evilpacher heater playing up and install new raw water pump on a fairly new boat .I was surprised too...........?

whilst on boot look over side to see still water flowing and a loverly sun set

nice red /purple sky in stripes with a hint orf bluy.........nice day to mozz I hope

wissed over to boat sale place to check out a new toy for some one an old fleet girl in good order for her age ,not to manythings rong there ..........."I,ll buy  it "

back to yard make the usul call on the ole rag and bone and a few modern things like this emailly thing too...

got quite a few boat drained DOWN FOR THE WINTER IN LAST FEW DAYS and make room for some more to pull out next week and week end ,slipway full so got to make room

grass got cut alittle and strimmed the edges ,well showed willing ......

well orf hum now to get an early nite and have sum tee........busy to mo

• Like 5

we are luck as some of us are not so luck y

its not eas at the mo .............

too man yards have gone and i have had the plesure to work with some and great blokes too....

but ill bust a gut to keep goinn

as i love this ole place and it makes me feel sad and happy to keep goin............

its shame that the new blood don,t see it like i do 

i,m lucky to have meet some old school and learn from them 

at the time i was a little........................ummmmmm

but now i see.......................

take a picture and stand back pass comment now but later come back and see it again ,wait ,then pass a thourght ,open brain and engage mouth later .................

i stil do that and have to back track .........................

love to see the wildlife ,sit and wait a while ........................

or come and spend a day with me ...........!!!!!

up and on it this morn .........rite on it ..............!!!!

reality blood tired .worn out kneees,fat out of breathe,stubble on chin is too long and i,m going bald ...............

well can,t have everyhting..............................!!!!!

strip a honda find fault why she went and stopped "ceased solid" it was too

start making more wedges to chock them ole boat up  ,now ive risked excess the use of a saw and had all the electric tested to bs1012893.21 the ground was lvevelled with a laser level ,ive hoovered the area out side to make sure its clean ,of coarse ive pont on me steel boots ,saftey specs,helmut ,steel reinforced chain mail gloves all my pp in in order now i can start works.................blast its dark again ...............grrrrr......grrr

rite move aload of wood as big as a moutian too to please mr and mrs safety and for my own use to level boats and help chock the next lot to come out ........

hope to get the ole nanni ive been workin on started today adna river trial or two....

we have the best sign riter in the next two week doing one of his which can only be desribed as art works on a transom of a large woodie name and flag sorry pennants  etc etc 

it will be too his usual standard and great ......

some of yuo have seen the narrow boat we did last winter or so with her clean colours and superb coate or arms and roses on the cabin sides .................

boat builders a bit short this week and missing some staff but the faithfull do turn up 

busy with finish off two woodies one to launch at end of month and she look a little better to as when she came to us .........................a credit to mr "alan " and his skills 

the other will stay on land for winter and relaunch spring but she is a bit of a stunner too,lots of teak and holley in there.............new oak panels etc 

just put in a hipperson which is bieng done by owners and she is lookin ok too, she was rescued for a song and now begin too look the part done alll the rite way and painted well too

off to far away to investigate a boat for complete repaint top and bottom 

got to list some boats for sale with my self and broker ,boat sale were moving at a steady pace till ast week now dead as a dead thing ...............just few silly lookers  with comments thats too much and ummmmppp we have seen enough.what sort of boat is this ,does this go to sea.......??????? etcetc

love them all tooo..................

great start to day nice sky and chilly temp that make them work faster ................

the geese are moving around as they do this time of year the dogs keep listening to them as they fly in their arrow formation across the early morning sky love to see it as my hoose is on the norolk coast  we see all sorts 

lucky me boat yard at day, inland of coarse and humm to norfolk coast at nite 

must go fiishing on the ole beach soon too ............i look forward to catch a bit of weed ..!!!!

more to come ....................................

• Like 6

Working on the broads messing with boats! it's all right for some.

My day so far has consisted of cleaning the cooker what excitement.

Washing the car so when it rains later the dirty streaks show up better.

Sweeping the leaves off the drive which return even before I can put my tools away.

I have (when I can slip Carols gaze) managed a few minutes in the garage and put a couple of coats of shellac on the table. :naughty:

ahh sellac pale or full bodied .I hope that you used some of that ole sanding sealer and the ole stuff to not that ole modern rubbish......

now once yer done all that and shxxxx up the suface etc get yer best French polishers rubber out, flick some oil on it and get on with it...

or use my best squirrel or badger mop ..............???

naa don,t both get down to the ole ikea and get some thing........

Glad to see you're hard at it Martin... ive been stuck indoors all day with the trots after tracy cooked rather unsuccessfully dinner last night.

should have been at the boat today but hopefully will be trot less tomorrow to go there.

blimmey the ole sky blew out today just meet to chaps for a look round the ole boot yard ,,,,and then oot orf nowhare caum a huge greet ole jet doin mar than the aloocated 4 mph round here ...

he was so loow I could see the bloke at the wheel with typical RAF tash blowing in the wind ...................

only out once today to sort out dam empty water tank on a boat ..easy one ...

no rain all day bliss .........

firday customers have arrived and with ther eold little doogis too so I got a wet leg or two now .........

• Like 1

Glad to see you're hard at it Martin... ive been stuck indoors all day with the trots after tracy cooked rather unsuccessfully dinner last night.

should have been at the boat today but hopefully will be trot less tomorrow to go there.

Your a good man Steve, a lesser man would think keeping you from the boat was part of a plan and so the cooking was very successful. :naughty:

• Like 1

hello need help can,t seem to finish my boreing ols stories as lost me edit box now what with no pics can,tr send them either .I,m lost

as I have to run round the ole yard and ans phone cant spell and typos etc all in one hit don,t yer know ....

any ideas.........?????

• Like 1

ahh i see one of our boot s................

a flying broom.......... not a fly bridge broom.......

poor ole girl ahh well she is safe now and tucked up with me ..............

long way to go with this one .....look warse than she is too............

good and strong and the ole ford does run too now after a little fettlein............

she will need some plank work top and bottom,ill treat her to new transom too............

deks are great wheel housr roof is sad the roof is so sad it now has a upside down smile .........sagging yer know .....

too many parties on top and no support, bit like the wife ....!!!

only four of these built specila order and for the posh folk too all bespoke and how yer like ....

we have more .................

whaether window good today sea still and blue sky off to yard and moan at some customers .......or moan at me tooo i suspect .......

now no more rain please ........................

more boat arive today lift outs and antifoil, polish tops and general repairs too.......

must get the narrow boat to shed so i can weld it up ...............

come one, the broad isn,t just for summer yer know ....................its for Christmas too....

should be a nice trip down the ole river the the ant is a colourful autum spectacular this time of year with all the changes ,hyland cattle on the edge .no not that they have had enough and are a boat to give some one a peice of there mind "burgers for all"  there grazing in the marhes ,king fishers running up and down the river like a couple of fast jets .otters lazing around diving and sneaking up rite to yuo .all the browns on the trees and some on the floor too......

if i get the pic thing  doing a put some on ..........................

orh ta wark now ........................some ones got to do it ...................

ahh me edit box is back ...................

remember .............."we tow, while others stow"..............john boats 24hrs ,well so the wife think .....!!!!!

post-24077-0-38223400-1383990771_thumb.jyippee its only taken mee a week and while ai wait for a phone call ill give one more try .................

the beach this morn nice and still sun just up just like me .....grrrrrr....

now wait while I,,l bor yer with the rest .....

rit e this is ludham bridge early while I work on a boot or two

look like some one is still in bed ...."wakey wakey ".....

come on hands orf .............on with socks !!!!!!

been a bust day today lots to do and people to see ....

waitin for delivery of several boat to day via river to have works done and all arrived on time ish ,well flatt out narfolk style ......

became taxi driver for one or two today to collect thar ole four wheel thing from once thay came

slipway full till I get on with it lift them out and chock umm high ....

went to view a boot today for paint work and blast me she was a sorry ole sight the recent paintwork was so thin and was peeling and cracking all over ,the poor ole chap didn,t like what I said but there was no dressing it up .......

lots of my diyers in today getting busy on there boot and lots of advice to give too.......

had a loverly chap come to see me with a large bottle of that ole red stuff from franncee,i.ll have that tonight with me ole swede and tatty turnip pie ...

couple of no shows today ,a few viewing on ole boot for sale too

sold two testerday so good thar ........

when I got in this mron it was like crufts dogs everywhere with owner chasing them or trying to gain full control of there willey beast .....!!!!

backin shed to finish of some engine works head to rebuild and a bottom end to build on a small four stroke

ohh that ole dam enfield leg is callin me, help me give me some seals and oil and I promise ill work nicely too......grrrrrr....

shame about the lite fading on these loverly still nov afternoons ....

must get on, only typos and stuff while il gulp a coffe..........

post-24077-0-32594200-1384013302_thumb.j

rite on way home now have rebuilt the Honda and she run smooth now yippee

when I step out side thars a frost here brrrr................

first one this early so far ..........

fingers numb and got a cold bum too ..........

quick run road the yard make sure all good .........

drive hum with heater flatt out to the posh ole coast  to see some sea in the morning

might walk the muts or thay walk me in the morn to see how calm it all is

and for a boring ole pic or two ......

just a simple mention, bit orf topic but whilst on walk to me ole beach must spare a thourgth for those who past an present have lost there livespost-24077-0-20763100-1384026273_thumb.j on this strange coast we call home ......

this plaque was erected for the crew man on the tug which sank on a bleak ole nite whilst workin on the sea defence works which have saved our village 

the beach is great and looks the dogs danglees but it did come with a price ....................

we thank yuo, yuo are not forgottern .................................

just remember the area here is flatt as a witches top half....!!!!

so its so easy with a good blow and high water we can soon be rowing to work ,and for me that would,t be the first time ..

this part of the uk is quite fragile don,t yer know ...............

now ill put in a bit orf ole mud in the bank to stop the flood ................