Limelight 2 HW

Jacob

Hi Jacob, Welcome from me too. I've not been on this boat but must say from the picture she looks stunning so good choice.

Theres more pictures and a floorplan on herbert woods website and it looks like the galley (Kitchen) is just down the steps..

http://www.herbertwoods.co.uk/hirecruisers/001/fleet.php?vid=35#

Have a brilliant holiday :) 

Hi Jacob, Welcome from me too. I've not been on this boat but must say from the picture she looks stunning so good choice.

Theres more pictures and a floorplan on herbert woods website and it looks like the galley (Kitchen) is just down the steps..

http://www.herbertwoods.co.uk/hirecruisers/001/fleet.php?vid=35#

Have a brilliant holiday :)

Thanks very much. Done as big a web search as I can and found a fair amount just no opinions. £1100 for 10 nights seemed pretty good to me!

Do you mean the black thing literally just to the side of the helm? If so I'm not certain but it could be a speedo? A few yards are fitting them now.

Yeah I thought that, but I thought she seemed a bit to old. Hope it is as the RPM readings aren't accurate for my taste! :grin:

Thanks for the reply Alan.

Could someone tell me what is just to the right of the helm in this picture?

countess-in-07.jpg

Thanks.

That's the control for torpedo tubes 1-4. Only to be used in the event of a sail boat "zigzagging" on the Ant.

;-)

• Like 3

Hi Jacob. Is that £1100 for 10 nights in July? Seems an excellent price. Was there a discount applied? Book it now before you miss out!

£1224 without loyalty discount.

Jacob, that black dial may well be the cruising hours for the engine. A quick call to HW though would confirm what it is. :)

cheers Iain.

I gave them a ring and they 'think' it's a speedo.

That's the control for torpedo tubes 1-4. Only to be used in the event of a sail boat "zigzagging" on the Ant.

;-)

If only! I wish I'd hap some last year for that exact scenario.

Matt, my bro in law had a different approach to rag n sticks...RAM the Bu.....s! :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

It ended just like this....

Well done Jacob. I holidayed with HW in late April early May for 11 days. I found the yard to be very professional from checking in till leaving the yard. Have a wonderful holiday. :)

cheers Iain.

Thanks. We went with them last year and they were excellent! 

That was a good deal Jacob for 10 nights..... and certainly is a nice boat limelight was moored behind us over the winter on our moorings.....

That was a good deal Jacob for 10 nights..... and certainly is a nice boat limelight was moored behind us over the winter on our moorings.....

I was quiet surprised!

Any ideas where the engine will be on this?

Thanks

Hi there,

Looking at the 4th pic on their website of it, it looks like centre cockpit area of the floor. But these boatayards do find strange places for them. Ours was under the middle bedroom bed lol

cheers Iain.

Hi there,

Looking at the 4th pic on their website of it, it looks like centre cockpit area of the floor. But these boatayards do find strange places for them. Ours was under the middle bedroom bed lol

cheers Iain.

On Starlight it's under the master bed! My Mum was not impressed! I'm hoping it's in the saloon as I can get an earlier start while my family sleep!

Judging from the dials at the Helm I'd say it was a Perkins unit.   This would have originally been built by Faircraft Loynes and unlike many yards who put in Beta or Nanni engines they seem to like going with Perkins.

It will be under the saloon floor so the beds can be for sleeping in and not soaking in engine smells :)

Judging from the dials at the Helm I'd say it was a Perkins unit. This would have originally been built by Faircraft Loynes and unlike many yards who put in Beta or Nanni engines they seem to like going with Perkins.

It will be under the saloon floor so the beds can be for sleeping in and not soaking in engine smells :)

Thank you very much! Do you think it'll be sound insulated as I don't really want to be deafened throughout the holiday!

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

That will depend how much they have muffled the floor lid.etc.Robin, Gleaming Lights engine was in the main bedroom cabin, and there were no smells of any kind. Just the annoyance lifting the bedding to do engine checks.

Jacob, to be honest thinking about it if the roof is back,and I do hope it is for the whole 10 days when you are cruising, the noise will be minimal i'm sure.

cheers Iain.

That will depend how much they have muffled the floor lid.etc.Robin, Gleaming Lights engine was in the main bedroom cabin, and there were no smells of any kind. Just the annoyance lifting the bedding to do engine checks.

Jacob, to be honest thinking about it if the roof is back,and I do hope it is for the whole 10 days when you are cruising, the noise will be minimal i'm sure.

cheers Iain.

I guess I'll find out soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new topic. Does anyone know whether the Spanish restaurant at Strachey Arms is open this time of year? I know it has a reputation to vary its opening times!