The Red Arrows stopped off at Norwich Airport yesterday

While all you lot were afloat today, Karen and i spent the day staining the fence by the drive, and digging out the top soil so we can gavel it. We WERE however treated to the sound of 10 Rolls Royce Merlin engines, one apeice in the Spitfire and Hurrican of the BBMF, the other other 8 on the two Lancasters. They were about a mile or two distant, and were flying over Verwood way. I could hear the Merlins long befor i saw the planes. Absolutely fantastic sight to see, and now can`t wait till next weekend when we`ll see them at the Bournemouth Airshow.

• Like 1

I was surprised on the size of the Merlin engine out of the plane. A company in Bakewell used to have one in its reception, by all accounts the company made the exhausts as part of their war work.

Sorry I can nor remember the name of the company which is no longer in Bakewell.

Regards

Alan

I was surprised on the size of the Merlin engine out of the plane. A company in Bakewell used to have one in its reception, by all accounts the company made the exhausts as part of their war work.

Sorry I can nor remember the name of the company which is no longer in Bakewell.

Regards

Alan

We went to Bakewell in May last year when we were on holiday in the Peak district. We did`nt see any Merlin engines, but we did buy some Puddings.

To be Honest, I would rather have a Bakewell Tart rather than a Bakewell Puddings.

Incidentally there is more than one Bakewell Pudding shop and each says it is the original or the original recipe.

A great little town and I can be there in just over 35 minutes on a good day, saying that never go there on a bank holiday the queues can be horrendous.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

To be Honest, I would rather have a Bakewell Tart rather than a Bakewell Puddings.

Incidentally there is more than one Bakewell Pudding shop and each says it is the original or the original recipe.

A great little town and I can be there in just over 35 minutes on a good day, saying that never go there on a bank holiday the queues can be horrendous.

Regards

Alan

Yes, i know what you mean about the shops and recipes. You just have to try each one to see which is best :naughty: :naughty: .