Sordid Past

Timbo

Just a quick announcement that the Royal Tudor Blog is back up and running. Although, while away this last week the site came under attack yet again (we really need to find our kids something useful to do...like boating) and was temporarily down and as a result I lost much of the content I had been putting back up on the site recently. 

Although all of the links on the site are not yet back up and running I've started writing the blog again before I lose what small amount of information I can keep in my head. The first entry The Organist Entertains:Norfolk at Night starts off the new series and Royal Tudor's latest renovation saga and does contain some secrets about my sordid past.

I will endeavour to keep my meanderings to the blog and a more straight forward documentary of the renovation to RT to the 'project' section here if that's OK?

• Like 3

It's good to like a wide range of music, makes for interesting listening. I put my music onto CDs in alphabetical order (by song title) so it plays in a weird fashion.  I get Bach's Toccata next to the Bee Gee's "Tragedy", and Saint Saens "Danse Macabre" next to the Monkees "Daydream believer".

Sorry I didn't get to you when you were up, I'd lent Nyx to my niece and her husband so wasn't there long! 

well done tim keep going and get some varnish on yer boot ....................................

tudor woll look smart soon too 

naw get yer brush ooot and paint   the rest orf the fleet at wayford .please 

two new boat arive this week yer like them too got wood on them ......................

more on these ones later .....................................

carry on mr tim .....................................................................

• Like 1

right - I went and took new photos, here is my trial model, from the CAD plans I knocked up from photos (I build a cardboard hull model to test the lines of the hull) of .... Ta Da .........Royal Tudor.

I am in the process of getting set up to build a couple of models from my CAD plans, progress will be slow though.

Grendel

post-30501-0-70728900-1410007289_thumb.j

post-30501-0-96066100-1410007298_thumb.j

post-30501-0-21427200-1410007312_thumb.j

Griff the card model I did for Broad Ambition was missing the other half of the hull, I just did one side.

The wooden model of BA is still being planned, as I said above life and a new job got in the way, when I started I was on about 5 hours travelling a day for the first 6 months, thats reduced now to about 2 1/2 hours, and now the new conservatory extension that has filled my weekends is done, I am looking at starting the modelmaking back up, I printed the plans out at 1/12 a couple of weeks back, and I'm hoping it wont take as long as my Uncles HMS Victory build (5 years) or even as long as your restoration :-)

Grendel