WARNING!

Happy

There is another topic running which involves some 'photos of the Wroxham based railway and I thought I would tell you all about my experiance regarding another Norfolk railway should any of you visit.  I must state I am NOT an 'anorack' but do enjoy the old railways.-ANYWAY!-We were up on the boat at Beccles in late June and decided to visit this railway at Dereham.  We did not realise at the time but it was their steam weekend and as such, on arrival, found the car park full and closed.  Not knowing the area we telephoned the booking office to find out where we could park and were told 'Morrisons, over the road' which we did.  It was a good experience and we spent 3+ hours there, even bought the T shirt!  On our return to Morrisons we spent about an hour in there topping up with ships stores.  A good day out was had by all.....HOWEVER. I had been back at work for about 10 days when I received a letter from Euro Car Parks to state I had overstayed the time limit at Morrisons car park and had been fined £90.00  I wrote to them explaining the circumstances and two lots of correspondence later am still waiting for the outcome.  So beware, despite what you are told, PARK AT YOUR PERIL!!  :shocked Regards Alan and Eve  cheersbar  :wave

• Like 1

Hello Alan,

I would write to Morrison's directly  and also send a copy to the security company and also the events booking office.

Fully explain the situation including that you had shopped in the store.

In the Morrisons car park was their any signs regarding a time limitation on parking, was a notice put on your car?

If Morrisons have any sense they will squash this fine.

Regards

Alan

Euro Parks grrrrr! Had an ejit employed by them, who was going to put a dod of paper on my screen for parking in a disabled space.  Oh yes, he never bothered to look at my windscreen to see I was displaying my BLUEBADGE. Money grabbers the lot of them...IMHO.

cheers Iain.

Hi Alan, ref Morrisons.  We didn't see any signs re parking at the time and to be honest its too far away to go back and look!  However we use the Morrisons in both Beccles and Folkestone and havn't seen any signs there.  As luck would have it, the wife actually still had the till receipt which I copied and sent to Euro.  The actual demand for payment included a timed front and rear 'photo of my number plate!!

Needless to say, if the outcome is not in my favour this will be taken up with Morrisons! Regards A & E.   cheersbar  :wave

look at the post I made earlier, I know it is from 2010, but the sign then says 3 hours free parking.

I hope you do not have to pay Happy, as the information from a local business employee was wrong, maybe they should have said.... you can park in morrisons over the road for 3 hours free.....

I know there are signs in the Doncaster one stating 3 hrs....

:Stinky

• Like 1

I got stung about twelve months ago in our local Asda (Nuneaton) which has a  two hour limit. It too is "patrolled" by ANPR cameras though I didn't realise until the letter with photos and bill for £90 arrived in the post. We had been doing our normal weekly shop but in addition spent quite a while searching through the children's sale clothes. Normally we would go on to a local garden centre for lunch but as it was already after twelve we had a snack in the Asda café instead. Total duration two hours twenty four minutes.

I emailed Asda and explained and got a standard "go away peasant" response which was actually quite rude. I forwarded the email to their head office complaining about the manner of the email and the parking charge, a copy of that days till receipt, £263, 11 entries from my bank statement showing nearly £2000 spent on my debit card in Asda in the previous three months. I got another standard reply, supposedly from their head of Customer Relations which was nearly as bad as the first with phrases such as "not raised anything new" "your comments do not therefore warrant any further investigation" and finally "we hope you will continue to enjoy your shopping experience at ASDA"!

I spoke to a local solicitor as there is a lot of stuff on the internet saying these charges are unenforceable, sadly that is all twaddle. There are a number of grounds on which you may be able to fight the charge, mostly technical loopholes but most parking companies are very efficient in making sure these (things like correct signage etc) are properly covered. The only grounds the solicitor said I might contest is "fair and reasonable charge". The charge, which is not and may not be referred to as a penalty must be fair and reasonable. He did not think it reasonable that I be charged £90 for such a short period, especially on a weekday when the car park is never full so I have not deprived anyone else the chance to park, or the landowner that custom. However, he warned it was a lottery if an appeal would rule the same and by appealing I would lose the early pay discount and possibly incur additional late payment fees.

I took the £40 early payment option and wrote ASDA's MD a three page missive as to why my £8k a year of business is no longer going into his tills and that he should take a look at the car park I question as at least half the people who use it don't even shop in ASDA. They use it as a two hour free car park for the town centre. I didn't get the courtesy of a reply.

In a way it did me a favour, we are now committed Aldi shoppers. We love the products, better quality than Asda and save about £200 a month on our shopping.

Hi Paul,

Having had dealings myself with ASDA Head Office, regarding trolley parking in the  wrong place for disabled. The reply was what I call a version 21 letter, says and meant absolutely no appology at all.

BTW I too find many quality items in Aldis.

cheers Iain.

Yes, agreed, these third party parking enforcement companies are far too "enthusiastic".

I'm afraid as others on this thread have said though, the small print on the sign does mention the three hours.

(..and not very prominently).

post-195-0-94973800-1410384391_thumb.jpg

Now  at the entrance to the car p[ark there should ber a sign stating that the carpark is controlled by Parking eye and these should be also inside the car park and they should be worded correctly if not you have a case against them as you cannot stop at the entrance of the carpark to read all the conditions on those signs.

Anyone live in Dereham who could check the entarance and also have a read of the notices inside the car park.