So advice please from all you curry heads out there

2poofsandMum

Morning all hope all is well, now your advice and recommendation please, Indian restaurants.

Every year we would always make a habit of mooring in lodden for the night one of my fave spots in the world and we combine that with a fantastic curry at the Dilraj, however when we visited last September last year, I have to say I was very disappointed with the food, really cheap watery chicken, all the dishes just had a level of heat but no flavour or taste just mild medium and hot, plus the place was empty it was really not good, not like the many visits we had there before, I thought it could have just been a bad night but on further investigation the following morning I found out that it had recently changed hand and there was also a new chef.

So my question is twofold has it improved any from last September and back to its glory days, or failing that where else on the boards can I get a Indian meal preferably a sit down but will have takeout too, that is/was as good as the old Dilraj or better.

Thanks in advance

A firm favourite with us is the star of india in wroxham.. http://www.thestarofindia.net/.. i know it has mixed reviews although we stop in each time we go up and have never had a bad meal.. it can fill up though so you will need to book. 

Another good one is Balti raj on oulton broad which overlooks the broad.. although we've not been in for a few years.

Personally I think the best Indian on the Broads has to be Labone in Oulton Broad. I'm not a great fan of the Balti Raj that looks over the broad as I find it bland, so usually opt to walk up to Labone, which is located in the old station building at Oulton Broad North station.

• Like 7

We had an Indian in the Raj at Loddon back in June. It was superb. There was so much we brought it home with us and had it the next day. Food was very well prepared, service was excellent, and we`ll definitely go back. Went to the Balti raj easter last year with John and Mary Jane, and again the food was good, though not up to the Dilraj in Loddon. Never knew about Labone in OB North, but will keep it in mind (thanks Mark) .

One thing i will say is that like ALL restaurants wherever you go, some nights the chef may change, even if for a week when the normal chef is on holiday, so the food may change. If you`ve had a bad meal, give it another chance and find out. If it`s still not up to your  requirements, then fair enough.

All restaurants can have their off days,

• Like 3