Broads Edge?

JawsOrca

Broadsedge have looked in the past in fitting more water points across the yard the only reason why they have not is the water pressure - the main supplying the yard comes down the lane and is too small to cope with to many outlets other than that its a very good yard that is still on the way up

Finny

• Like 1

As I said I moor there and as far as I can remember there are four or five water points but apart from the one near the pump out you have to provide your own hose, something to do with H&S, there is a mechanic on site and they do general boat work like painting and anti fouling thats why David won't let others on site, for most other things like screens and canopies he is fine as long as you let him know and don't just presume it's Ok, the reason for letting him know is because of insurance purposes, and note that most of the negative views so far are from people that have never moored there, most people there are very friendly and if one has problems we try to help each other out, but like anywhere there will be one or two that no matter how hard you try you won't get on with them, aslo if your a fisherman you don't even need to go out the fishing in the marina is brilliant and we have a good few big pike in there, I've moored at the Stalham/Wayford end of the Ant for the last thirty years and never tire of the run to the main rivers, apart from the run from Wroxham to Coltishall it's one of the most beatiful parts of the Broads, quite often even on a week out we never make as far as the main rivers, even if you travel it a few times a day, every time is different,

Alan! don't let me or anyone esle persuade you to moor there or not moor there, take a look around when your down and have a chat with anyone you meet who moors there, remember no matter where you moor there will always be a few that do nothing but moan about the place, it will be a bit quite there now as lots have shut up for the winter, but when you get there ask David if Frank and Judi are down and pop over for a Cuppa, I'm working on the boat so will be there most days,,,,,

Frank,,,,

• Like 3

cheers Frank.. we would like to be on the ends of the rivers really as it makes for ideal weekend fishing trips ( I can't wait to get back to falling asleep whilst pretending to fish!). The trip up the ant is normally the best part of the holiday so I think it would be great to be based there! We live on a residential mooring here so we are used to lots of rules and some of the them I dare to admit but I agree.. such as working on the boats, I don't really want the noise and stress of others working near my boat when I'm relaxing!. We are coming up the last week of november so will certainly try and look around (I need to try get back in touch with David and arrange) so hope to see you then :) 

Once again though appreciate everyone's comments, it's all very helpful, we will be looking at other places although we do like stalham and wayford (I need to take look at Jons yard too).. cheers

Alan! it's usually me making the noise, I'm aways up to something apart from that it's usualy pretty quite and relaxing there, quite often we don't even bother leaving the marina and spend the weekend there, one thing I would say is if you decide to moor their ask David not to put you over by the new workshop in the new section, I think I may get a bit noisy there once it's up and running, the good thing is if you let David know he will move you if another mooring when one comes up,

Frank,,,,

• Like 1

North gets far too busy for my liking. We will venture that way during a weeks trip but only for a night or two and then head back to the quiet :)

Make sure you do it when the school's are not on holiday, a couple of short visits to the north a year are enough for me.

How do you find the floaters at somerleyton? I looked last year and thought they were a bit close to water level for my liking and a bit heath robinson looking.