The first and last this year

LadyPatricia

We will shortly be leaving to make the trip up to spend the weekend on Lady Patricia. It will be our first since buying her and our last of this season. Planning on heading for OB yacht station tomorrow evening and enjoy a curry in the evening. If anyone is about or sees us moored up please feel free to pop over and say hello ;)

Steve & Deb

• Like 6

Steve,

Where are you moored? Doubt we will get that far if we go out tomorrow, but hope all goes well and you have a good time.

Weather should be fair for you.

On out first trip on our first boat it was around Easter. The weather was foul, found out the holding tank was very small late on Sat evening. I was all for being naughty as we had a diverter valve on ther tank for emptying at sea, but the wife persuaded me differently. So walked down the bank and fortunately one of the boat yards down the Chet was still open (weather was that bad a lot of the renters could not get there before they closed so they stayed open for them) they would pump us out.

Cast off and then realised how windy it was when we tried to turn round. Got it badly wrong and nearly ended up ramming the bank. Flustered now trying to reverse into the boatyard mooring hit one of their rowing dinghies then as we tied up almost fell in the river, with one leg soaking up to the knee and a sore backside.

Got back on mooring for the night to realise had no spare shoes!!

Almost caused a divorce and selling of said boat after first trip.

Still married, on second boat, bigger holding tank, spare clothes on board and much wiser and loving it. 

Have fun.  cheersbar

• Like 4

Lucky old you.

Enjoy.

I think that you will find that the weather will be good.

Watch out for those spooky high tides.

Seriously though, you have missed them, everything will be OK

Having said that Mrs Wussername, many years ago, who was in charge of mooring up, tied us up to tight. At OB. The tide dropped and left us dangling. The cleat popped out like an old tooth at silly o'clock in the morning.

And the moral,of the story is............................no, I'm sorry, I dare'nt go there!

• Like 3

Morning,

Well that was a more than comfortable night. After a horrendous journey up, more than 5hrs due to the M25, we got here about 11pm. Loaded everything on to Lady P and settled down for the night.

BR, we are moored at somerleyton marina. Got a few bits to do onboard this morning but will hopefully be heading for OB about lunch time.

Steve & Deb

Hi Dave. No fishing today. Had a few chores to do on the boat so just had a little run up to cantley and back to rockland for dinner and overnight.

New inn was good and just got food in before they had power cut in kitchen! Sparky just arrived but we have eaten.

Deb, get Steve to put some heating on the boat. Didn't have it on old boat but now we have it my life is a lot less stressful!!!

After a very busy few weeks I am hoping to get Brilliant tucked up for the winter in a couple of weeks time. The season has flown by! On our mooring we use the Whimp less than we did with Rondonay and at Ranworth, so we are thinking about bringing her home and trailing more from here. There is a family wedding in the Lake District next April, so maybe she will go up to play Swallows and Amazons again. We also sailed her on the Carrick Roads which was great, and even up from Donnington to Oxford

• Like 1

What a fabulous couple of days we have had. Lovely little cruise to OB and back. A few minor jobs completed while moored in the Saturday afternoon sunshine and then back to the marina early Sunday. Tidied up a few more bits and pieces and then set off on the journey home.

While cleaning the windows I managed to pull a wire out of one of the crimp terminals to the windscreen wiper. A walk up to the hardware shop to purchase a crimping tool set and within 5 minutes the wire was reconnected, nothing special there - but, - before said wire was pulled out the wiper blade moved soooooo slowly it thought I needed to replace the motor. Having re connected the terminals with new crimps it works a treat. Result, that's the wiper motor taken off the 'to do' list ;)

I've learnt very quickly how connections on boats can cause what appears to be a problem for which a new part needs to be purchased but it is actually down to bad or loose connections.

We are absolutely loving the freedom we now have and Lady Patricia behaved impeccably on our first real outing on her

Steve & Deb

• Like 6