Coypu back?

Timbo

A day for wildlife news today...seeing as how the Beavers are being allowed to stay on the River Otter in Devon, the RSPB have considered releasing Sea Eagles on the Norfolk Coast, why not bring back the coypu? I mean we've all got used to fox attacks, perhaps a reintroduction of the wolf?

_78986753_beaver2.jpg

Beaver on the River Otter....looks like Uncle Albert when you mention 'fish and chips'!

• Like 1

Poor old Coypu! depending who you believe they may have actully kept the Broads open and free flowing, seems even the experts couldn't agree if they did damage or not,,

http://www.edp24.co.uk/lifestyle/when_the_coypu_was_public_enemy_no_1_in_norfolk_1_3794896

http://www.edp24.co.uk/lifestyle/how_war_was_declared_on_east_anglia_invaders_1_3803172

Frank,,,,

The only coypu I ever saw was the stuffed one they used to have on the Hoveton Nature Trail!

You were lucky Tim, to see any evidence of animal life on a Norfolk Broads nature trail. I spent ages in the hide at the Hoveton  and saw nothing. When we left, we moored up for a spot of fishing and spent the rest of the afternoon watching 2 kingfishers coming and going on the main river. When will they learn that all the wildlife prefers to be out on the rivers mooching bread and other "unsuitable" food from the boaters.

cheersbar

Steve