Cheap(er) curtain tracks?

Hi All,

I'm hoping you guys can help me.. I'm on the hunt for the ceiling mounted curtain rails.. Hawke house are charging £8.64+vat a meter which sounds a lot (when I need 8 meters of it!) (http://www.hawkehouse.co.uk/accessories/curtain-accessories/curtain-track-ceiling-hung.html).. we have thick curtains so I probably do need metal rails or well built plastic ones and I want them as small as posible as they will be visible in the forward cabin.. It's not something I've brought before so I'm unsure of using anything too cheap.. can anyone recommend a supplier (anywhere)? I'd rather be paying £4-5 a meter ideally.

Thanks all :) 

cheers

Alan if you find them cheap let me know I've been looking everywhere and none of them are cheap, I've now gone to plan C and will be making my own from dowling and pipe clamps and using curtain rings to hang the curtains I'm not tight I'm just not paying those sort of prices,,

Frank,,,,

Alan I have got a full length and one or two other lengths laid about at my boat at Stalham and I am also removing the rest from my boat along with all the runners as I am going to venetian blinds so it will be all spare if its any good to you your welcome to it    Clive. Ps we wont be down until the first of next month.

Andy! I stain and varnish the dowels, and when Judi does her clean up she gives them a wipe over with a bit of silicone polish on a cloth, keeps them moving nicely, at this point I must mention they are the only bit of the boat silicone polish is allowed anywhere near, get it on your other varnish work and you'll get problems if you ever want to varnish it again, in the worst case you might have to strip it right back or best case spend ages cleaning every bit of the polish off, I use the chrome pipe clamps that stand about two inches off the windows, the reason being that when you have the curtains open and have all the pleats at the top the curtain is a little way off the window so it stays dry, I've lost count of the nice boats I've looked at when buying one, only to find all the curtains water stained,

Frank,,,,

Thanks chaps.. Thanks Clive. I don't think we are going to be able to catch up anytime soon though and I want to tick this job off soon..I also want it as low profile as posible as I hate seeing curtain fixings.. Frank I'm going to try a local caravan store.. although you may want to try the caravan place at blomfield.. I don't think I'm going to find alloy ones for anywhere near £4 a meter though :(