Faith in the kindness of others

littlesprite

Tough one to comment on but at the risk of being chastised at what age is too young for the big c?

Sure it is great to hear of people rallying to help someone but I wonder how many others we don't hear about?

It's a bit raw for me with my BIL diagnosed in August and probably not going to see Christmas at age 60. Sure he has more years under his belt but if you heard how the nhs treat people?

Not good when I just had the notification from the tax man as to where my taxes had been spent.

Sorry about the rant but it ain't all roses but it is good to hear that humanity does exist.

Sorry to hijake your good news story little sprite.

The world can be pretty cruel, yet we do keep thinking life should be fair.

We have the power to be very kind or very cruel, yet only one really leads to real happiness.

Most people are fighting a battle you don't know about, so be kind

Dan

• Like 4

My wife did volunteer work this morning collecting for food banks. Apparently the difference i responses was unreal.

Strangely the apparent upper and lower ends of society had the worst feedback. Obviously it's not good to stereotype but it does seem the rich like to stay rich and the poor - well depends on how poor and other factors!

• Like 1

Hello Martin,

There is no need to apologize for posting non Broads topics or events in the lounge.

The lounge is there for any topic within reason.

I agree with you regarding the sadness of the story and the warmth of the replies and offers of help.

Sadly we all know friends and family that are effected by cancer.

Regards

Alan

• Like 4

You beat me to the punch Alan, as I have said before it is a strength of this forum that you can discuss subjects other than Norfolk.

That said I hope that lady can be helped she obviously has great courage.

Talking of sadness RIP Phillip Hughes.

• Like 4

It's at times like this that we realise how lucky we are and that some of our problems are nothing compared with other things that are happening throughout the world.

My thoughts too go to the family of Philip Hughes.  Sometimes life is a right *****.  Perhaps it is good to not know what the future holds, you would spend all your time looking over your shoulder and not enjoying what you have.

SueH

• Like 3

I have just finished reading this with tears streaming down my face. Such a beautiful girl with two lovely boys, how does she cope with the fact she will be leaving her sons.

I am going Christmas shopping today and when I get stressed about what to buy and who to buy for, I will think of this lovely lady, take a step back and realise just how lucky I am.

As Martin says the response to her plight restores your faith in human nature, there really are some very kind people out there

Grace

• Like 4

Baitrunner,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience of the NHS has not been a good one, my experience has been the complete opposite.

November 2 years ago I was diagnosed with the big "C" and my doctor and local hospital couldn't do enough for me, at the moment I have been clear for 18 months and counting but without my doctor picking up on the early signs and the hospital acting so rapidly to remove the tumours and start treatment, who knows.

Please believe me the NHS does a wonderful job under difficult circumstances.

• Like 5