Parcel delivery

grendel

Funny you should say that about Yodel,   we are waiting for the non appearance of Hermes for two parcels both ordered middle November.  What chance has anyone got of receiving parcels if you order , as suggested by some sites, on the 20th December.   Yea right!!!!!

We have started to use Hermes for some non-urgent parcels and our experience so far (only a few hundred parcels) is better than some "premium" carriers.

However for anyone expecting a Hermes delivery of an    order despatched in the past couple of days, please be aware of this communication we just received!

"Yesterday evening, Wednesday 3rd December we experienced a fire at our key hub in Warrington, causing significant damage to our main sorter. We would like to assure you that no one was injured in the fire and no parcels have been damaged.

Engineers are currently on site to replace the motor and repair the damage to the conveyor and we anticipate the hub will be fully operational by this evening. In the meantime we are bringing in extra staff to help manually sort the parcels. 

With immediate effect we have activated a new central hub at Bradford to process extra volumes and are evaluating other potential sites today to provide additional support.  

We have had a great response from our employees and many are working extra shifts to provide additional manpower. 

However, as this is a serious incident it will affect the service we can provide to you. As a result, this means that any parcel(s) that are currently in our system or have been collected by courier or dropped off at a ParcelShop today for delivery will be delayed. We expect this delay to be no more than an additional 2 working days and we are working hard to minimise this. "

I've never had a problem either Iain, but if you do get a problem the doctor can provide cream. :naughty:

Hi Martin,

I know ALL about lotions n creams being a chronic Psoriasis sufferer :naughty: :naughty: Some folks take the hump, I get the itch! grrrrrr! lol

cheers Iain.

Staggering, My parcel was delivered by Yodel at 16:30 today. Excellent service, what more can I say!

As Aristotle might have said:-

One swallow does not a summer make

I ordered a part for my van via Fleebay, the seller sent a tracking number from Yodel.

Collected from the seller 01-12-14 ok.

In distrubution centre 02/12/14 ok.

On deleivery van 03/12/14 ok

Not delivered by 10/12/14,  

It was lost on the van between collecting and doing his round. Now got the hassle of getting a refund (takes a while on paypal) finding another part and waiting again for it to be delivered.

Yodel really needs to improve its act.

Doug.

Dajen you could not make it up.      Just remember it is Friday and most of them have a hot date to rush back to , so anything supposedly being received on a Friday - forget it.    The trouble is most of these chaqs/chappesses are independent of Yodel and just do their work for them.   An awful lot of Wild Cards out there , together as you say also along with an awful lot of Bull....       They just lie when they are writing in their little magic boxes.  Will deliver if it suits them and God forbid you should send anything back.   The teddies really came out of the pram the day I refused delivery as it was too late.  Boy oh boy did we have a major hissy fit.