Cold and frosty in Norfolk

RayandCarole

.....Are you uploading using a tablet or phone?

For some reason if using the above it can place the pictures upside down.......

The reason why pictures taken by phones and tablets are often inverted is simply because it's easy to hold them upside down when taking the photo.

It looks the right way up on the viewfinder LCD screen because that's also upside down at the time, but the jpg file is stored in one set orientation.

The solution is to get used to holding the phone or tablet the other way up. :) 

Thanks Alan

Taken with ipad

Will use proper camera next time

Iain I am just a bit too old for that kind of malarky

cheers Ray

With ipad, the on off button should be on the right, ie same as power plug, lock screen this way around, should be fine.

I have same problem with stored pics, I prefer switch on the left, always looks ok on the ipad though.

Yes but what I dont understand is although the picture in the original post is upside down, when I open it its the right way up

Confused

Ray

If you mean that when you "open it" on the phone that it's the right way up, then It's because you're looking at an upside down picture on an upside down phone.

Two wrongs making a right ! :) 

I tried googling for a photo that might illustrate what I was trying to explain to Gymnopedies about phones and tablets being held upside down when taking photos. 

I couldn't find one though ( but there were some funny shots of George Bush junior and senior holding phones upside down !!) :)

So I made one up myself to try to make it clearer....

...and to answer Neil, an "Ipad" is an overly expensive Apple tablet, in the same way an "Iphone" is an overly expensive Apple smartphone, and an "Ipod" is an overly expensive Apple MP3 music player.   :) 

They make great products, well designed, but they're too damned expensive for me, when the competition is half the price....

post-195-0-52406100-1418580565_thumb.jpg

We have a PC at home, i`m typing on it now, we both have digital cameras, and we both have mobile phones, i was under the impression that`s all i want?. Or am i being unkind to all those vastly underpayed marketing Jonhnnies (and Jennies).

Seriously though, i worry about the lack of intellegence of some people, especially when they tell me i can`t live my life without a computer.

I did post a question on here somewhere some time back concerning all the electronics and radio controlled devices some people rely on these days, and whether there`s enough radio waves or whatever they use to operate things properly. A few days ago, they reported on the radio that scientists are getting concerned that our airwaves are becoming jammed with too much radioactivity going on, which could lead to a melt down.

I`m just glad i can still think for myself.

• Like 1

.....Being pedantic an iPod doesn't play MP3. Well it might but iTunes doesn't use MP3 format as a default.......

Yes, you can always trust Apple to avoid using the world's most popular music digital storage format !    :naughty:

My first video was a Sony Betamax, cost a small fortune back in the day, after saying that the first video players (top loaders with a wired in remote) were even more expensive....

Snap...

Sony Betamax C7 , £700, when that much money was worth about £2000 these days.

Then the damn Betamax format was trounced by VHS, so there was hardly any video library choice.   :roll:

Hi Strowager,

Correct on all fronts, yes £700 was a great deal of cash back in the day.

Mine was bought from Coles (John Lewis) and it developed a fault (after a few weeks) on the transportation a small plastic gear that took the tape down into the player split, it went to a local company to undertake the repair they had it for weeks.

The kids viewed their favorite programs on that video year after year until it eventually bit the dust.

Regards

Alan

While working in a Record and Card shop in Ayr, they had just taken arrival of a stock of Betamax tapes, word got about as it does, she sold the complete stock in the one day! There was a trading reason in Japan for VHS overpowering Beta, but I cannot remember just now why. For what its worth, I still think the Philips V2000 system would have been the best given the chance.

xmas6 Iain