Pub cash grab

JennyMorgan

I agree, thieving so and so’s. Pubs have enough problems at the moment without being robbed into the bargain.

However I am a bit surprised they don’t have an alarm system though. The thieves must have been on the premises for a while, to steal cash, all that booze and meat by the sound of it. They must have needed a getaway vehicle and made a fair bit of noise. Presume the pub didn’t have a dog either. Hope they get caught but I won’t hold my breath. Just hope the insurance was up to date too.

• Like 2

In the late 60's early 70's for extra money in my pocket, I worked behind the bar. All the pubs I worked in had a German Shepherd or similar. One alsatian in particular would come to your table if last orders and get yerselves out time! One bark was sufficient! :naughty:

Seriously I hope the plods nab this vermin PDQ. Pubs as said, do NOT need this kind of trouble now or any other time!

xmas6 Iain

• Like 1

Even if you knew who the scummy b.....ds were, if you reported them, the police would do their customary "sorry, but there`s nothing we can do, here`s your crime number to send to your insurance company".

Perhaps if the Government brought in laws to force the police and insurance companies to investigate crimes, and take the right action, and by that i mean prosecution and imprisonment, then something will get done.

Thieves only prosper because there`s no action taken by police, even when criminals are reported as being "on the premises", and all insurance companies do is raise everybodies premiums to cover any losses.

Perhaps if the police were found guilty of neglgence in their duties, and fined for it, and the insurance company bigwigs had their dividends and bonuses sequestrated to re-imberse the policy holders, they might just be that little bit more inclined to actually take action and fight this sort of crime.

People have got to forget about this idea that it`s the responsibilty of an owner to make it impossible for thieves to strike, and holding the owner responsible for tempting thieves. It`s high time that thieves are punished so severely that they dread the very thought of commiting a crime. Then, and ONLY then, will we be able to sleep soundly in the knowledge that our property is safe.