Three Wishes, Oulton Broad

JennyMorgan

lol...

I thought I could have three wishes about Oulton Broad

1/ make it closer to Donny, so I can watch the power boat racing

2/ make it closer to Donny, so I don't have to travel so far

3/ i can't think of a 3

:Stinky

For 3 Geoff, bring hire yards back to Oulton Broad.

cheers Iain.

Slip me a million quid or so, and I'll happily run a hire yard on Oulton Broad (or indeed any other location on the Broads), but don't expect a massive return on your investment. ;)

Very true, but when you are getting on a bit and remember the yards that used to be there, its very sad IMHO that there are none now.

There were six that I can think of when I first cruised the Broads.

cheers Iain.

I can think of one or two yards on the Northern Rivers that show a very worthwhile return . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Hire yards on Oulton Broad that I can remember from the 50's, 60's and 70's:

Trumans, Richardsons, Collins, Robinsons, Fowlers, Little Ships, Austin Marine, Hoseasons, O'Hefts, Collens, Darby's, Orient Cruisers, Knights Creek, Bowel & Harpers, Newsons, Arnot Fowlers, Broadsway Cruisers, Top-Craft, Hamptons, Fletchers & Clevelands.

I can think of one or two yards on the Northern Rivers that show a very worthwhile return . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Trumans, Richardsons, Collins, Robinsons, Fowlers, Little Ships, Austin Marine, Hoseasons, O'Hefts, Collens, Darby's, Orient Cruisers, Knights Creek, Bowel & Harpers, Newsons, Arnot Fowlers, Broadsway Cruisers, Top-Craft, Hamptons, Fletchers & Clevelands.

What no Harlequin Peter? lol

Camping Boats! Knew I'd remember it... only took what? two days!

You can see why my quiz performances are so legendary  :dunce:

Careful JA you will be having a nose bleed or whatever a boat gets putting the engine/brain into gear! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

I noticed the other day just how many boatyards used to be on the Southern Broads. I started putting in little burgees on the map for each boat yard...Oulton Broad and Brundall started to look like the site of Custer's Last Stand with all the little lances!

What about "Kevincraft"?.  Boats such as Boy Alan,  Paula Dawn, and i think one called Kevin Boy, or Boy Kevin?.