Why is it so Special?

Gracie

As Grace has said, staying in hotels is nice and we will be down in Devon in June for a week as we do like to see different parts of the British Isles, while we are still able to do so. But the Broads will definitely focus on at least one holiday every year from now on, as since joining this forum, we have been truly hooked by the shear tranquillity of the Broads and to spend time in a different world were only boats can access. 

• Like 6

Early July Ian and I are spending a long weekend in Cornwall and we will be staying in a hotel, but I am still looking as to when we can still get up onto the boat for July. There is no way I / we are going to miss time on the boat during the season  :bow . June has been booked for the weekend of the 5th  :clap.

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

• Like 4

:wave for me, it's the chilhood memories, my mum used to love going on the broads & i used to love going too, & ive still got the bug after all these years, i just can't wait to get down there again, hearing the ducks laughing & other wildlife too meeting the friendly norfolk people & getting all that fresh air , & just simply being on a boat & that feeling that says i'm afloat, & when you get on dry land & you can feel yourself rocking, i love it, lori :Stinky

• Like 8

Early morning mist on the water, being the first boat out in the morning on a mercury flat river, kingfishers, pub dinners, beautiful sunsets with a few beers outdoors, arriving on takeover day to hear all the boats engines throbbing away in the yards, first shopping trip to Roys, burgers from Massinghams, walking from Salhouse broad to the fur & feather to be ripped off for food and staggering back, watching people trying to reverse a boat , fishing in the evening on fleet dyke, hundreds of dragonflies on the Cockshoot broad walk, - These are a few of my favourite things ! Can't imagine rotting away  on a foreign beach for a holiday. :dance  

• Like 6

What I love is to walk into a pub or restaurant and get a friendly  :welcome:  as if we were one of their regular customers ( which in some places we are) and to be called by our names / surnames  :wave .

Me walking into a pub down here no way  :hardhat:  two guns .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

Sounds very much like Rosie Lea`s to me. :party: :party: