New Inn; Rockland St Mary reopened 1st April 2015

i dunnow but we had an evening meal there last wednesday i had a crayfish starter both followed with scampi chips and peas April had chocolate fudge i had a ginger upside down sponge which was very tasty your not overfaced to say the least with a round lager 1/2 and beer pint came to £48 odd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We had a very warm welcome from the new peeps this lunchtime. They have certainly imposed their character on the place and we were well impressed.

They have a Polish chef and have tried to make their menu total different from the other three Yareside pubs nearby. In that they have certainly succeeded and also the traditional pub grub. We saw two steaks served and they looked very tasty. 

Now to the important news, Howard!   cheersbar

Wherry at £3.30 a pint and three others, Spitfire, Trawler Boys and Jenny Morgan at £3.60 a pint. I was tempted by the Greenjack Jenny Morgan at 4.1%. I had to have another to make sure that my first impression was correct!u

20150908_122302.jpg

• Like 1

Hi John

I'm not jealous of course. :liar

Many thanks for the update. I'm assuming its the same folks who have been in since the Spring? We popped in during May and were very impressed. Good to see that they have now got TWO Green Jack's on, superb stuff - they just had the Trawlerboys earlier which was excellent. Jenny Morgan is a lovely beer, I've not seen it that often, so look forward to trying it again. cheersbar