Website hacked...AGAIN!

Timbo

Royal Tudor's website has been hacked once again. I am getting really really sick of the mindless, moronic idiots who have no life and nothing better to do than hack a website about a boat on the Norfolk Broads.

Here are the options I've been given by my host:

There are three courses of action available:

1) Reset. We will delete all files/databases associated with the affected domain. Email will remain intact. You then re-create your website from new. This is the most secure option.

2) You Fix. We can enable access to your website from your IP address only so that you can remove the compromised code, backdoors and upgrade your web application to the latest version.

3) We fix. Let our experts de-hack and upgrade the web application with our Premium Disaster Recovery service on a no-fix no -fee basis. Order here:https://www.uk-cheapest.co.uk/clients/cart.php?gid=13

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

I have backed up my website but, I'm getting so very very tired of this happening.

Sorry to hear you're getting tired of this, Tim, I'll give it a rest.  :twisted: .

Seriously, I don't think I could stand the hassle of all that. Why do some take delight in such activities? Suppose they're such sad a***holes, if they weren't doing this they'd be out tormenting animals and old folk. Hope you get it back soon without too much time, trouble or money.

Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear this, if you have a backed up copy then restore it although if you its a recent backup from that server then it's likely that has some dodgy code there which maybe hard to find. 

If you get it restored I can take a look and advise where people maybe getting in.. also make sure your account passwords are super secure.. probably best to do a computer generated password too. (That includes your FTP password).  If you are ok giving me FTP access I can take a quick look at the code and see there too. 

Sadly it's probably just little kids being annoying, but it's certainly annoying.

Good luck.

cheers

Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear of this, you must be totally fed up.

Being as you have backups are you going for option 1 or 2?

Option 3 will be a none starter we have in the past used similar services for corrupt files being rebuilt for clients over the years, it costs a small fortune just to find out if they can offer any recovery of files.

You always have to pay up front for this kind of service.

I hope you are not down for too long.

Regards

Alan

Thanks guys,

I think I'm going for option one and start again from fresh Alan.

Perhaps if I treat this as an opportunity rather than a set back I can benefit from it. I'm thinking about a new design and this time make the website mobile phone and tablet friendly as well as beef up the security.It's also that time of year when I need to get the computers serviced, replace the elastic bands and give the gerbils and hamsters a break from the wheel that powers them. So no time the present for a fresh start.

Looking to the future, with Uncle Albert needing more of my time, I've scaled back on the animation work so we can spend more time on the boat. I'm also looking to invest in some new cameras for film footage while we are on the boat, so a new design to contain new content is the best way to go.

Thanks Alan, perhaps I could pick your brains regarding any security issues on the new site when I start on it?

There's a lot of Alan's around...as I'm an Allen too!  :shocked

Maurice...The Mogster...Mynah you know I bank with the Wroxham branch of Bogoff Brasick & Bonus Investment Bank and have a sum total of 3 rubles and a shirt button ever since Ray got us to invest in the Raygun 2000 Electric Soup Spoon!

175624_v1.jpg

• Like 7

MM, funny you should mention bank details. I've just given mine to a very nice Nigerian chap. Apparently, I'm in line for 20 million Nigerian dollars, once my payment goes through. Can't spare me the price of a cup of tea, could you? I seem to be short of funds this month.