Another reason to stay North

JawsOrca

It's rough down here....

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/armed_police_hunt_for_beccles_gunman_for_a_second_day_1_4105106

Seriously though.. :( shocking news :shocked .. Beccles is clearly very lovely and not what we expect.. let's hope it's a mistake or someone just being a bit stupid and no one gets hurt.. Good luck to the Fuzz. 

Yesterday morning, officers responded to calls that a man armed with a gun had been seen in the town’s Smallgate area behind the NatWest bank.

It is not known at this stage if the incidents are connected.

On reading the newspaper report - I did chuckle at the fact that a man had been reported at the rear of the NatWest bank holding a pistol and they did not know if this was related to the incident.        Makes us locals sound like a load of gun toting renegades.    I wonder if he was also riding a mobility scooter and clutching his pension book.       

• Like 1

Mmm sounds like the Beccles to Geldeston mafia

Usually targeting unsuspecting northerners daring to try the southern broads

Dont come south folks to dangerous we southerners wouldnt dream of going beyond Beccles bridge.

cheers

Ray & Carole

• Like 4

Unbelievably, one big family group from earlier this year were reported by the public for having a firearm and using it in a public place.

Indeed, the air rifle that they had taken on board was confiscated by police and given to a ranger for safe keeping who then dropped it into us on the day of their departure to repatirate it.

It seems that neither the rangers or the police were very pleased with our customers but our customers thought it was something of a joke. Personally, I think that they were damn lucky to get away without being charged.

Needless to say, firearms are not welcome on our boats.

• Like 6

It really does all happen in Beccles! Last night one of my daughters was in Beccles, standing in as controller at a friends taxi company. In the early hours someone took a potshot at one of the lady drivers. Thankfully no injuries but Beccles is beginning to sound like the Wild West, only it's out East.