Life in Riyadh

Just went outside the house to check oil, water and tyres on my car and for the first time this year, the temperature has reached 50 degC. I thought it felt a bit hot and almost burnt my fingers lifting the bonnet of the car.

Anyway, this is normal and it is likely to get a few degrees hotter in July and August.

We will be driving from Riyadh to Bahrain tomorrow for a few days. The distance is about 500 km and hopefully, we will do it in under 5 hours, including passport control. It is Ramadan now until the 17th July, so there won't be any bars open, but I should still be able to have a few beers from the mini bar in the hotel. At least I hope so, or I will not be a happy bunny.

I can imagine calling room service and saying "2 cokes (for the girls), a bottle of Chardonay (for the boss) and 6 beers please. If successfull, I think this order may be repeated a few times until Wednesday, when we drive back.  :wave  :wave  cheers

• Like 6

Wow that's hot ..... hottest hols I had was in Turkey when temp often reached 40. With no air conditioning in the hotel I dreamed of sitting in a fridge.

These days I prefer no hotter than 28.23 degrees and no colder than 17.62 ....... so living in Norwich I am usually dissapointed.

• Like 1

How about sending some of that weather over here Eric, we could do with a spell of hot weather. Somehow our summers are not like they used to be, when I was a lad. Talk about Global Warming, I think here in the UK, we are getting Global Cooling.

Agreed, Geoff,

I am drawing ever closer to flying from Prestwick to sunnier and WARMER places. We have had TWO warmish days up here all year so far. Getting fed up with day after day of cold winds.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Iain,

Tried to count the beers and malts and had to take my socks and shoes off. Suffice to say that I went to sleep easily last night. Tonight will be a bit quietter, but have just put a few Heinekens and a bottle of wine in the fridge for later.

Weather here is in the low 40s deg C but the humidity is higher than Riyadh, so feels hotter.

• Like 3