A Good Read

Gramps

On a short break holiday needing something to read I popped into Waterstone's and found an half price offer on the Autobiography of Guy Martin, for anyone interested in the Real Motorcycle Road racing this is an excellent read.

Ron

• Like 1

Yes I am just reading it at the moment, it's very entertaining. I love his inconsequential attitude to life, the bit I just read involved jumping his bike over the inspection pit in the garage....unsuccessfully! Mad as a box of frogs and living every day to the full. :)

• Like 2

I`m hoping Karen will buy me a copy for Christmas.

I`ve been a fan of Guy Martin for several years now, ever since i saw him being interviewed at the TT when he`d lead nearly every race, and then having broken down in every race, and he was so down to earth about it, and completely calm. Shame that can`t be said for some of these other little tin god so called sportsmen who think they`ve won a world title purely and simply because of theiy`ve turned up for the event and they get payed millions for the privilage.

For anybody who`s interrested, i bought the DVD of both series of "Speed" which has not long been out.   "TT close to the edge" is really worth watching too.

He`s the sort of chap who if you saw him in the street and offered him a brew, he`d accept it, and have a chat about anything engineering.

An amazing man, with a seriously individual personality, and also does a lot for spinal charities.

Check out his big brew on Faceache (facebook), and if you buy something, you automatically get entered into a prize draw, and HE actually phones you up and tells what you`ve won.

• Like 2

A real character but a bit of a nutter. I follow his career whenever I can, must check out some of his TV work, only seen "Our Guy in India"

A lovely man and a true "Yellow Belly"

Ron

Congratulations to Guy Martin on his win in the senior race at the Southern 100 race on the Isle of Man, and good luck with the World record attempt in August on the Bonneville salt flats aboard the Twin Rocket propelled Triumph

• Like 3

great character already & i recon will only get better,see he added the open race win to the senior.

he has a Merlin engine on a trailer which he starts occasionally just for the thrill of feeling it run ,one time he started it inside his workshop having removed the governor & it got away from him causing a fair bit of damage. how could you not like the bloke?

• Like 3