Smart gadget for night sailing

Baitrunner

I had looked one made by them which is gyro stabilized, and just the gimble and camera system was about £22,000 you then need to pay extra for cables, controller and screen.  So I guess depends how much you want to spend to see in the dark - or just wait until morning and pay nothing :)

I use night vision quite a lot, I think its use on a boat would be limited as additional illuminators are required for any decent range, or a moonlit night, this then defeats their need.

TI or thermal imaging equipment is very good, hand held units are again limited in range just get a good ol spotlight and upset everyone on the river.......:hardhat:

You'd look like a dalek wearing one of those!!

Oh some years a ago some junior RAF Officers were nicked for driving, fast but within the limit at night.... without their lights on. Their defence included the fact they were wearing night vision goggles, it was pointed out to them that light were also so that they could be seen.

Mind you I did come across a police car being driven down the M5 with no lights on, in the left hand lane. they put them on after I swerved out to avoid them. I think they were hoping to catch someone hammering down the outside lane that didn't notice them.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 1

I Don't want to see any complaints about people using spot lights at night now - I have provided the perfect solution and none of you tight wads want to spend a bit of cash - what else (other than sweets) will you spend it on?

:bow:bow:bow

Ooorf to charge me 10 gazillion candle power spot lamp up now - wear your sunnies at night this weekend folks

• Like 1