Help needed to view memorex cassettes

brandenjg

Hello all. I've been tasked with making digital copies of the in laws old photographs and videos. I bought an old camcorder, a VHS player and a video capture device so now have nearly all the videos sorted. I have 2 cassette tapes left which I don't have a device to play on. The tapes look like this.

Does anyone have a converter for this type of tape or a camera that would play them that I could possibly borrow for a few hours to get the digital copies.

Thanks in advance Branden

image.jpg

47 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

Hi.

The adaptor is for VHS C but the tapes shown are video 8 so it wouldn't be compatible.

they were 2 different formats ..... Like Betamax & VHS

Thanks for the replies. I'll speak to the father inlaw about whether he wants to pay to convert the tapes. The ones I've already done have been a mixed bag of results. Some of discos from years ago where all you can see is shadows and music. Others are of his daughter who sadly passed away many years ago singing and dancing in competitions and at the family hairdressers.

£5 a video is very reasonable if they contain family memories so thank you for the link.

ive attached a picture of the camcorder I've been using to play the tapes through the capture device.

Brandenimage.thumb.jpg.7f569addfac0013cbb5b9b23image.thumb.jpg.f13b156335a29b182be37a55

On 11 December 2015 at 0:23 AM, brandenjg said:

...Some of discos from years ago where all you can see is shadows and music...

Sounds like A Cliff Richard and the Shadows gig. lol...

The old tapes do degrade over time especially if subjected to stray magnetic fields, even stored next to power cables can affect them.

We stored the VHS ones of the kids when they were young in a steel cabinet, hoping they will be fine.